17 ~ detective AU (?)

inspiration struck!

also bro, i hate this, just no

Tape Recorder 1 (found in a sealed box); Side One

Are we recording? ..... Ok! Great!

Hi there, my name is John Laurens! I think I sound too cheerful. In all honestly I'm not great at sounding serious. Which is rather bad considering I'm reporting a murder case.

Oohhh, that escalated rather quickly!

John, would you stop messing around and report the case!

Fine... at 3:22 pm Eliza Schuyler was found dead in her home, The Schuyler Mansion. The body looked unharmed, except for 3 wounds about the body, her neck, chest and arms, each deep and precise incision. She was lying on her bed, dressed in an untouched pale blue dress, with a ribbon in her hair.

No finger prints were found around her body. She was discovered by her younger sister Peggy, who immediately told her parents and sister. 

No leads are found at the moment, but everyone who was in the building that day is currently under house arrest. 

*static*

...damn I can never tell if these things are recording! 

Oh, alright, so Miss Schuyler, would you like to tell us what happened on the day you found your sister?

*sniffing and a deep breath* Ye-yes, uh ok, I woke up at about 7:15 that morning. I was the first one awake, like usual, a-and I went to the bathroom before going downstairs. At around 11 o'clock, Angelica came downstairs. Eliza came down half an hour later. There was nothing too unusual, e-except she said she felt ill, and was itching at her arm. She had nothing to eat but went back upstairs, claiming she was going back to sleep and to not wake her up for lunch. Of course, late afternoon I got worried and went into her room. It was dark a-and I couldn't really see her. Th-then... I... I...

It's ok, take your time.

I... I opened the curtains and, I saw her! She was covered with blood! *crying*

Thank you Miss. Did anyone go upstairs at all after Eliza went back upstairs?

Well, Angelica didn't, but there were a few maids who did... Oh *sniff* I noticed her window was open!

Thank you, your information is most useful.

*a few second of pause*

Evidence found on the window, a piece of torn cloth, black, and seemed to be made of cotton. No DNA traceable.

Tape Recorder 2 (found hidden in a box next to others)

*in a hushed distance* Hello, I uh, this will be hard to make. I have suspects on the killer, though I cannot share them with my partner, Alex.

And that's the thing, that's who I think it is. We are both roommates. He snuck out that day, wearing a black shirt, then took a shower straight after. He is acting suspicious, hardly helping with the case. As for a motive, I-I wouldn't know...

 *a few seconds pause before a voice shouts  from a distance away*

Hey John, how about a movie?

*shouted* Yeah, I'll be there in a second! 

*whispered* I know this may be dramatic, but if I do not return or there are no more reports, my suspicions are correct.

*static*