38 ~ royal au rewrite part deux

mmmhhhmmmm here we are

THIS WANST PROOFREAD

"I hate everything and everyone!" Alex groaned, flopping dramatically onto John's lap.

John looked up from his cards and rolled his eyes. "This is like your fifth time this week being dramatic about it. Maybe it's just time to face facts."

"No. Never. I will not get married for political reasons." He protested, crossing his arms and looking up at his friend.

"Oh really?" John mumbled, not really believing him, or listening for that matter.

"Yes." He scowled, and then an idea hit him suddenly. He sat up and cautiously looked at the servant.

"What if we got married?" He whispered.

John's face flushed bright red and he protested, "W-what?! That's gay-"

"Oh no no no, just as friends, y'know pl... p... plan...platonically." The prince rushed to explain himself.

The two sat in silence for a few moments, considering. There seemed no reasonable explanation to do this, yet he smiled and "Yeah, sure!"

And so the two managed to get a notarised marriage certificate, and promptly forgot about it. They remained friends for the next few years, but, here's the time we take a time skip because you've all ready the old one and knows what happens. 

Time skip brought to you by do you see banana man, hoping over the white hot sand?

 "I'm WHAT?!" The prince's cries could be heard all throughout the castle, echoing down the halls'. The youngest servant, Isaac, heard nose and clamped his hands over his ears and buried his face under the covers. 

"M-Married sire," Sam meekly said. "To a, um, John Laurens."

Realisation suddenly struck Alex and his cheeks burned a bright red. Oh god. He had done that. all those years ago. Who had let him do that, why?

He groaned in frustration and shooed the poor servant away with a hand, who scampered off, relieved, and was probably going to tell everyone what happened. 

Alex sighed. It was a stupid move. He had been so stubborn. But now he was to be eighteen in a week, and was to marry to Elizabeth Schuyler to inherit the throne. It was a pre-arranged marriage from the time of their births', and he had no idea why he was so against it. 

He supposed he could go and get John, make him sign the divorce paper's before this situation came into the hand's of the King.

He began walking off in the direction of the kitchens.

When he arrived he soon realised that he had no idea how he was to go about this. It was a rather awkward situation. 

He peered in, hoping to not be seen. And was blown away by the noise. All the shouting, and banging of pots and pans.

But suddenly one noise was crept above all the others. He looked intently as to where it came from. 

"You dick!" Someone shouted, and he saw them slam their hands on the table and stand up. It took him a second to register that was, in fact, technically his husband. Alex blinked a few times, this John looked nothing like him as a kid; a scruffy boy with a gappy smile and frizzy hair, and freckles splattered over his nose. He was definitely not like that, for example now he looked furious, scowling at someone on the other side of said table. And he was definitely hot.

"Oh don't be a sore loser." The other one rolls his eyes, and laughs. He had a poof of frizzy brown hair, and a name of which Alex didn't know. 

"S-S-Sore loser!" He spluttered, his face growing redder.

"Now you owe me two weeks wages!" The other boy laughed. "Just because your a bad liar! I called your bluff!"

Alex watched on intensely, completely unaware of what these two were even arguing about. 

"Bad liar?! How's this for a lie: Thomas, you're an amazing person and everyone loves you!" He gives a fake-ly sweet smile. 

"Oh you little-" The other starts, but a voice shouts over them, causing even Alex to jump. 

"Boys! What have I said about card games in the kitchen?!"

The two quickly mumble apologies, and John leans forward and gathers up all the cards.

So he really didn't drop the card thing. 

As soon as the woman's back is turned John hisses "I'll fucking get you back for this."

"Sure you will."

Thomas turn's to talk to someone, and John mocks his movements as if he were that predictable and Alex couldn't help but giggle. 

"Hey Alex," He freezes as he hears his name being called behiend him, but it was only his brother. 

He looks back once more before walking towards him.

Time skip from the next day brought to you by the fact i've been blocked be joe hawley on insta for j existing, bc thats what he does. 

Alex took a deep breath as he approached the kitchen door's. He had no idea why he was so nervous, he was the prince for god's sake, he could get ay one of these people killed if he desired.  

His hand trembled as he pushed the doors open. No one seemed to notice his presence, and he was sort of glad for that.

He let out a small breath and then composed himself,  stopping the person nearest him. 

"Excuse me," He said and the boy was almost startled. He looked at him in shock then dropped into a bow, mumbling "Your majesty."

Alex muttered and bit his tongue to refrain from rolling his eyes. "Yes yes, now, can you tell me where John Laurens is?"

"J-John? Oh, he's not here."

"Why not?"

"Well, um, it was about half an hour ago, and he dropped a tray, and some mugs shattered, and he ran before Cook could get her hands on him." He said slowly.

Alex could almost see the scene vividly in his head. He couldn't believe John still shattered cups, and then ran. It was like he never changed. 

So he knew exactly where he was.

"Hm, yes, thank you." He hums, turning out of the kitchens and walking down the halls.

He waked down the same paths as always, and it was almost as if muscle memory kicked in. 

He finally reached where he intended, and hesitated for a second. Why was he hesitating, I couldn't tell you. Nerves most likely. He bite his lip and swung open the door.

"Don't you think you're a bit old to be hiding in here?" He asked to a poor John Laurens who had just been scared out of his skin. 

He jumped, visibly, and stuttered, as if gathering his words. "O-oh, I, uh, y-our majesty." He have a quick formal bow, as taught. 

"Please, call me Alex, we're friends, are we not?"

John's face flushed a shade of red as he was flooded of memories of them being 'friends', and the then crippling crush he had on him as a kid. 

"O-oh, yes... Alex, sure."

part 3? idk 

anygay, there. happy?