20 ~ Royal Au

ofc its going to be a cliche tho so dont come at me yeah

there are so many plot holes in this please look over them okie thanks enjoy

kinda love this but whateva

Narrator POV

This story begins with two young children, one a prince and the other a servant. They were the most unlikely of best friends, but they greatly enjoyed each other's company.

It was a sweet and innocent friendship, running around the halls and sneaking off to private places. This story starts on a fresh spring day, when the young prince and his servant were hiding from the prince's older brother.

They sat, squished up against each other in a cupboard in the far side of the castle. The young prince had put his robe over both of them as a blanket.

"I hope he doesn't find us here," John giggled, in the dark. "I use this place as a hiding space all the time from Cook. Sometimes she threatens to hit me with her spoon..."

Alex gasped. "She can't do that!" He exclaimed loudly as John shushed him.

"Well," the green-eyed boy mused, "last week I broke a cup while washing, but it was all Thomas's fault!"

Alex looked over at John as he says "I hid here for four whole hours!"

"Whoa..." The prince whispered.

The two sat in a comfortable silence for a while before Alex admitted worriedly "Gil says I have to marry someone one day."

Both grimaced comically in unison before giggling. "That's gross!" John laughed.

The idea of marriage seemed quite nasty at the age of 7, both boys not exactly looking forward to the day.

"And for 'pol-o-tics!" The young prince added. "If I wanna marry I want to do it with someone I love, not for stupid other reasons."

John looked over at his best friend "I don't want a wedding, 'cause you have to have a big loud ceremony and lots of crowds of people. I don't like that. The kitchens are loud as well."

The boy flopped dramatically onto Alex's lap. "It's a bit much." He admits.

The violet eyed boy hummed before whispering "Maybe we should get married..."

John sat up and squealed "That's gay!" He laughed and pushed his best friend.

Alex immediately went bright red and rushed to explain himself "No, but like as friends! Then both our problems would be solved!"

John paused, considering his options before agreeing "Yeah, why not!" It seemed such a simple decision, one so throw-away.

So the two somehow managed to get a notarized marriage certificate, then promptly forget about it.