Chapter 68

Picture of Mekhi up above - the model's name is Earth Vangwithayakul

------------

Now please believe me when I say I tried to make this chapter short.

I tried so hard to cap it at 4000/6000, but for some reason, my writing insists on taking up as many words as possible. 

For those people who hate long chapters, I'm sorry!!! If it's taking forever to read them, then try reading in sections. But I really can't do shit about it, I've tried lol.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the chapter

----------------------------

William's P.O.V

I wake up smiling. For the first time for what was probably years but felt like my entire life, I wake up with a smile already waiting on my lips.

A smile. That simple expression that showed the world that I was happy, and I was. I couldn't remember ever feeling so much joy before I'd even started the day. 

But there was so much of it now and I could've screamed with how good it felt to just be... happy.

Maybe it was because of the way I'd woken up, caged in Damon's large arms with our stubborn pets sleeping on the bed too. Blaze had curled himself into a ball behind the crook of Damon's knees, and at the foot of the bed, Sassy had claimed the entire area as hers, all sprawled out on her back, her eyes half-open while she snored heedlessly.

I was pretty sure waking up in a snuggle fest with my little family definitely added to why I was so nauseatingly happy, but that wasn't the only reason.

When Damon had dragged himself into our bed early this morning with wet hair that explained his soapy scent, he'd pull me into his arms and whispered only one thing before he'd fallen asleep with a content sigh.

"It's done."

He'd said it half asleep, and I was much the same when I'd heard it, but I'd registered his words and what they meant. It was like a cool wind had passed over me, erasing all the burning wounds and the scars too, it'd fallen away.

Those two words had finally relieved me of the invisible weight that was always trying to tear me down since the night Liam attacked me. 

It was more than a joy of knowing that he was no longer walking free on this planet, it was the overwhelming relief of knowing, in my heart and soul, that he could never hurt me again.

When I woke up knowing that, then it was physically impossible not to wake up with a smile.

Looking up at Damon, I smile at the sleeping beast who refused to let me move an inch away from him. His hair was thrown all about, a mess of only black strands that matched his black eyebrows since I'd been sure to fix them too. 

Leaning forward, I bury my face into his neck with a content sigh as I take in the faint scent of roses that Damon always carried with him. He grumbles something half asleep as he pulls me in closer, his legs tangled between my own.

"One more hour," Damon manages before he slips back into his dreams. Chuckling, I let him have his extra hour as I wrap my arms around him and fall back asleep too, still smiling and still lawlessly happy.

 ───────────────────

It'd been way longer than the promised hour.

Rubbing as much as Damon's shoulder as I could manage, I try to coax him into waking up but he seemed intent on staying in bed for as long as he could. "Come on," I say patting his cheek now, "its time to wake up."