Chapter 64

Okay, I know I said I'd post 65 tomorrow morning, but I'm going to post it tonight cause after editing this I was like, I can't leave my humans hanging again.

So I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, make sure to comment loads, and know that there's another chapter coming for you when you're done. So take your time, and enjoy!

------------------

Damon's P.O.V

I just had to apply a little bit of pressure... squeeze it a little tighter and...

Snap!

I'd shatter every bone in his wrist. 

That would be all it'd take... a little bit of pressure...

Damon -  Mekhi whispers carefully through the pack's link, his tone like something one would use on a wild animal. Calm down...

Liam Haynes, the thing was vile.

Tall as I was, he used his height to his advantage to appear confident and sure of himself, as if everything he did was faultless. But I could smell his unease that was being to get muddled by fear. I could scent it all over him as he looked at me through dark brown eyes, trying his best to figure out who the hell I was. 

With a calculated smile for the onlookers, he tries to tug his arm free again. I don't let him. 

I didn't care who watched us or what they'd say, my thoughts were far too preoccupied with the appealing notion of ripping his arm clean from its socket.

And what a sight that would be...

His blood would spill from his body like a bloody fountain, and it'd coat these shiny floors with his poison, and he would scream. Goddess, his screams of agony would be blessing enough to hear, like a precious melody I'd treasure forever, never letting a day go by where I wouldn't replay the memory for my enjoyment.

But I wouldn't stop there. I'd use my talons to take the other, only, I'd move slowly removing that one. I'd savour it. I'd dig them in and watch the blood seep pass my nails while I slowly pulled, tearing apart each of the fibres that formed the muscle and skin there. 

I'd be patient, carefully. I would not rush it. And while I worked, I'd make him bite down on his already detached arm, so he'd taste his own blood in his mouth while he screamed.

It would be perfect.

Let him go, Damon - Theo warns, his voice hoarse with the effort it took to push past the rage that was building now with the intoxicating imagery I'd crafted in my mind. 

From the moment I'd laid my eyes on the one who'd hurt our mate, the rage had become an uncontrolled thing that threatened to break free at any moment.

A piece of me wanted to. I wanted to kill him and everyone in this room until every inch of it was coated red, it'd be worth it.

As Liam tries to tug his hand away again, Will's father steps in with a stern disapproving expression, "let go of him at once, Damon." 

He meant to sound confident, strong and daunting, but to me, his voice was like an annoying buzzing in my ear. One that I ignored as I stared the vile creature down, taking in every inch of his wretched frame to mind. He'd never escape me now. I'd scented him, memorised all there was to him, and marked him eternally in my mind and soul as prey. His death was an assured thing now.

If there was any life after this one for him, I'd find him in that one too, and I'd kill him. But if there was none of that, if there was only hell for him... well then I'd live up to my worst name in full.