Chapter 29

Damon's P.O.V

Mates.

Goddess' greatest gift to her people, a life linked to another who was crafted for you as we are for them.

My eyes trail Will's spinning frame as he twirls around the open space that laid between his kitchen and living room. Dancing happily to the soft compilation of instruments, led by a single vocalist, a blend of sounds that came from his unique, black record player.

Will's eyes travel down as he smiles buoyantly at Sassy who was jumping around him as if showcasing her own dancing skills. The actions making him laugh as he danced with her, singing happily the words to a song I didn't know.

Mates. Someone who would bring more joy into your life than any other individual in any realm could and would provide you with the best life you could possibly experience.

Someone who would make you happy.

Will gave me that, happiness, unfiltered happiness that only grew with the time I spent with him.

I watch with my spirit light and my smile easy, at the way his face radiated unadulterated glee as he moved from side to side, my oversized shirt covering his body slowing down his fluid movements. But Will didn't seem to mind, didn't seem notice either as he raised his arms and closed his eyes. His lips parting here and there to fill in the words to the melody, his smile accompanying them as he continues swaying around the length of his apartment.

He was beautiful like this, at peace with himself and his surroundings. Not overthinking every square inch of his life as he claimed to have a 'disgusting' habit of doing. Beautiful in his most relaxed state, where he wasn't repeatedly scared or alert, but comfortable in a space that he knew to be safe... even if that space included me.

It was still taking a little time to get used to, the feeling of having someone trust me entirely, not a spec of fear in him directed to me. But I was trying to enjoy it, not question it.

Things tended to fall apart when you looked at them for too long.

Will opens his eyes then, training them on me as if feeling my gaze on him. His smile only grows as he continues to dance lazily, taking his time to come over to me with soft laughter. He holds his hand out and I immediately shake my head.

Damon Calderon shouldn't dance.

He raises a brow, gesturing to his outstretched hand once more, his hips still moving in that alluring way that seemed to be second nature for him. When I try to shake my head in refusal, Will takes hold of my hand and tugs me forward.

I let him.

He pulls us back to his little dancing spot, sliding across with a helpless fit of giggles as he turns back to face me, his clear, greenish-blue eyes alive and active as they find mine.

He intertwines the fingers for both our hands before he begins moving lazily, his movements mirrored in a less faltering manner by my stiff body. Will didn't tease, just kept smiling as we danced together or tried to.

We stay like that, close and moving calmly to the soft tunes the spinning record released in a strained melody. Sassy soon growing tired enough to make an escape to the small patio, either that or my presence was extremely unappreciated.

As the songs slowed and Will's energy began to dissipate, his fluid movements slowed as he brought himself into me. Wrapping his arms around my frame, linking his fingers at my back while his face rests gently to my chest. I slip into the feel of him with ease, resting my chin to the top of his head while my arms caged him into me as we swayed in the cloudy bliss that engulfed us at this moment.