Chapter 65

William's P.O.V

"Fuck!" Liam shouts as he holds his hand to the spot Damon's fist had met his jaw, his body scrambling back as best as he could while Damon continues to advance on him. "What the fuck is w-"

Liam's words are cut off again as Damon digs his fingers into his shirt, yanking him off the floor only to knock him back down with another punch to his face before he follows it up with another to his stomach. 

Choking for air, Liam gasps and groans as Damon drops his body to the floor, watching it crumble with what I knew was pleasure with the way our bond was buzzing furiously. 

I don't think I ever felt this much joy coming from him when he was cuddling Blaze.

While Liam rolls on the floor, still gasping desperately for air through his little gagging sounds, Damon steps back towards Mekhi and me. He looked strangely calm while his fingers worked on unbuttoning his suit jacket, his posture relaxed now instead of the tense thing it'd been when Liam had approached us earlier.

With what I could feel through our bond, I honestly didn't know how Liam was still alive.

"Whatever this is, someone will come," Liam proclaims in a rasp from the floor but I highly doubted that. 

Mekhi's eyes were glowing a bright golden shade now, if someone tried to come I didn't think they'd be able to get through whatever he was doing with his magic. And even if they somehow managed it, I doubted there was anything in this world that could stop Damon now.

Ignoring Liam's groans and curses, Damon takes in a deep breath while he slips out of his jacket, leaving only the well-fitted vest I'd forced him to wear to his three-piece suit. When he holds it out, Mekhi takes the fabric from him without a word and fixes it over one arm before stepping back into place beside me. 

With his eyes on me, Damon says, "I'll stop if you tell me to," while his fingers dig into his tie's knot, tugging at it a little to loosen it, "and if you tell me, I'll do anything more you want."

"What the hell does that mean?" Liam says as he tries to get to his feet, but with a whispered spell from Mekhi, he remains glued to the floor.

Apparently ignorant to anything other that wasn't me, Damon continues looking towards me, waiting patiently for an answer. When I don't reply immediately, Damon raises a brow, seeking some sort of affirmation from me to all of this before he let himself continue. 

But to me, all of this seemed so... wrong wasn't the word. 

Even so, I find myself nodding quickly and he rewards me with one of his easy smiles that made everything feel right, even when it wasn't, and only then does he turn himself back around to Liam who was looking up at the three of us.

It felt... strange to see Liam on the floor. 

It wasn't as if joy split open in my chest like I expected it would, I thought that I'd feel some sort of unfamiliar happiness from seeing him in pain but it wasn't exactly like that. It was pleasing, it made my spirit excited to see him cower with fear, which I guess is a little sick but that didn't trouble me too much.

But that wasn't the strange feeling, it was that it also felt a little wrong. Only a little. But not in the way it should feel wrong to hurt another person, no I didn't feel any of that. 

What felt wrong or maybe odd, was to see Liam - who I'd always known to be basically flawless and beloved by everyone - being handled so hatefully. For once, he wasn't being treated like some perfect angel who was respected and adored by all, and I guess... that felt a little odd to see, strange.