One

August, 2007
 3 Months Before Five Leaves

     "Children! It is time for supper!" Reginald announced. He rang the bell to indicate dinner, Lucy putting the magazine in her hands under her bed. She flattened out her skirt, stepping out of her room as Five was walking by. 

     "Oh, Lucy," he said, making her head perk up to look at him. "I was thinking of going out tonight. You want in?" 

    "Definitely," she said, smiling at him. "As long as Luther isn't invited." 

     "No, only you and me," he said with a wide smile, Lucy nodding slightly at him. They walked down the steps for dinner, getting quiet as it was time for their father to play some record about ropes and knots. Throughout the dinner, Lucy would notice her siblings doing different things. Klaus would be rolling a blunt, Luther and Allison would be playing footsie under the table, Diego would be controlling his knife with his powers, Ben would pick at his food, Vanya had sheet music hidden in her lap, and Five would try to steal glances with Lucy every few moments. 

     By the time both sides of the record ended, they were excused. Klaus was the first to quickly stand up and walk away from the table. Vanya was the second, clearing her plate in the kitchen downstairs. Luther and Allison left at the same time, leaving Five, Diego, and Lucy with their father. Lucy slowly set down her silverware on her plate, then glanced up at Five before pushing back from the table. She walked to her mother and gave her the cleared plate before going upstairs. Five got up next to follow her and gave Grace his plate before spatial jumping upstairs next to Lucy. 

     "So, what's your plan?" she asked, glancing behind them. 

    "Hm, maybe go get some coffee, drive around the city a bit and disturb the neighborhood," Five suggested, Lucy laughing slightly at his words. "I'll be in your room at 11." 

     "Until then," Lucy said, giving him a bright smile. Five smiled back at her, biting his bottom lip as he turned and went into his room. Lucy shut her door behind her, containing a squeal as she crawled onto her bed. She pulled her uniform vest off and opened her closet of clothes that Grace had bought her. She pulled out a pair of jeans and a sweater, setting them aside to put on to wear out. She pulled off her skirt and button up, placing them in the dirty clothes basket while she put her tie back in the uniforms closet. She shoved her shoes under the bed and grabbed a new pair of socks. She got changed pretty fast, then checked the time to see that she had to kill an hour and a half before Five would come in. 

     "Number Eight? It's your night to help Pogo with the dusting. Get out here at once," Reginald said. Lucy looked up at the door, then down at her clothes. She quickly made her appearance look as if she was wearing her uniform, opening the door with a smile. She walked past him without a word, only focusing on keeping her clothes the same. She and Pogo went around the entire house dusting, and by 10:30 they were done. She said goodnight to him, Grace, and Reginald before going back to her room. She let the mirage fade away, and let out a deep breath as she sat on her bed. She saw it was thirty minutes until Five would be in her room, making her sit back and grab her book from her nightstand. She read until there was a woosh sound in front of her. She looked up quickly to see Five wearing sweatpants, and a hoodie. 

     "Come on. Let's go before he decides to do a house sweep," Five said, taking her hand. 

     "We'll be here anyways," she said, waving her hand at the bed. A mirage of her sleeping took place, and she waved her hand towards Five's room as well. 

     "Perfect," he smiled. He spatial jumped them down to the car, pulling the keys out and starting it up. Lucy leaned forward and chose the radio station as Five started driving away from the house. They went to Griddy's first, the two walking in and going to the counter. The woman working there watched as they sat down, giving her bright smiles.