Seven

~*~

     Lucy was laying on her bed, staring at the ceiling as she was trying to block out all of the events that had happened that day. She just wanted to get the ceremony done with and then have them leave again. She was minding her own business, when she heard the echo of I Think We're Alone Now by Tiffany. She slowly sat up and looked to Luther's room, knowing that's where the noise was coming from. 

    She slowly started tapping her foot to the beat, climbing to the end of her bed and getting up to move. She moved her shoulders to the song, then was dancing entirely. A smile spread across her face as she couldn't remember a time when she had just let go like this. She was moving to the beat and jumped on her bed right as thunder crackled outside. She stopped suddenly, turning and going to her window that faced the back yard. All the metal in her room flew towards the walls, her heart rate picking as she watched a gigantic blue and black hole opening in the back yard. 

     Lucy turned and stumbled down the stairs, running to the backyard where her siblings were. Right as she stepped outside, the portal had closed and they were all staring at someone on the ground. 

    "What the fuck did you guys do?" Lucy asked. They all turned back to her, and she could see something in their eyes. "Why are you looking at me like that?" They all then turned to who had landed on the ground, and stepped back so the two could see each other. Lucy and Five made eye contact, both of them freezing in their spots. She opened her mouth to say his name, but part of her thought it was just her mind playing tricks on her. 

     "Lucy?" Five questioned, slowly walking towards her. She almost took a step back from him, but Five kept walking and threw his arms around her. Their siblings all slowly crept back inside as to not ruin the moment, Diego having to drag Klaus in by his coat. Lucy slowly returned the hug, furrowing her eyebrows as she was confused to what was happening. Five quickly realized how long it had been, and stepped back to look at her. "You... You haven't changed." 

     "Yeah," she said, breathing out slightly. "Neither have you." He looked down at his body, then back up at Lucy. "Is this real?" He looked at her in confusion. "Or am I just going crazy and this is my mind compensating?" 

     "No, Lucy, it's me," Five reassured her. "It's really me." She shook her head slowly, turning and walking towards the house as Five watched her in shock. The siblings all watched as Lucy passed them and jogged up the steps to her room. Five blinked a couple of times before walking in after her to see his siblings all waiting for him to explain. 

     Lucy kept walking up to her room, not knowing if she could handle this right now. She'd spent the past 12 years of her life missing him, and just as she wanted to get on with her life he comes back as if nothing had changed for him. She shut the door behind her, pulling a pillow to her chest as she lied down. Tears leaked from her eyes at a fast pace, and she didn't know if she could handle this. 

     Five once meant everything to her, and to see him again like this was painful. She had accepted at that point that he was dead, even though her father always told her to never think that way. She still did. She didn't want to think about him still being out there all alone and lost, and here he was looking the exact same. 17 again. 

     "Luce?" Diego said, knocking slightly on her door. "I know we haven't talked about it in a while, but if you want to I'm here." She stared forward, not wanting to do anything. "I just, I remember what you said when he left and I know you can't keep that in forever." 

     "Go away, Diego," Lucy said. He sighed, about to turn and walk away when he saw Five walking up to the door. 

     "I don't think she wants to talk right now," Diego told him. "Especially not to you."