Thirty

The Swedish Job

     Five blinked back into Elliot's apartment, seeing that Lila was helping Diego with his stab wound from going to meet their father. Five grabbed a tissue to help with his cut he got from Pogo, glancing to Lila. 

     "Oh. He isn't dead," he stated, looking down at his brother. 

     "Disappointed?" Lila asked. 

     "Oh, to see you? Always," Five remarked with a tight smile. 

     "So much hostility in such a tiny package," Lila said, then noticed the cut on his neck. "Did you cut yourself shaving? I could teach you to shave like a big boy." 

     "No, I just ran into an old family friend," Five said, then turned to see Elliot was still tied up. "You didn't untie him?"

     "Was I supposed to?" Lila asked. Five nodded slightly, then turned and pull the rag down from Elliot's mouth. 

     "Wake up," Five said, flicking the side of Elliot's head. He woke up, gasping and looking around quickly. "Hey, hey, Elliot, look at me." He calmed down, looking at Five who was waiting for him to calm down. "Where's that girl I told you to find?" 

     "She said she didn't know you," Elliot said quickly. Five looked at him in confusion, then shook his head.

     "Did she say anything else?" he asked. 

     "Said she lives with the Chestnuts," Elliot answered. "A black couple on the other side of town, kind of a bad part. But she's always working at that department store, doesn't ever take a day off." 

     "Fine, I'll go get her myself," Five said, throwing away the tissue that had his blood on it. 

     "What, you're leaving again?" Lila asked, Five turning to look at her. 

     "Yeah, he'll be fine," Five said with a shrug. He blinked out of the room and down to the car, beginning to drive to the department store address that Elliot had given him. He got out and looked up at the building, then walked inside to the woman at the counter. "Hi, I'm looking for an employee of yours, her name is Lucy." 

    "She's not here," the manager said. 

    "No, she's always here," Five argued. 

     "Yeah, well, she bailed on me yesterday and today," the manager continued. "If you want, I can give you her address as long as you swear you're not a creep." 

     "I'm her boyfriend," Five said quickly, the manager chuckling. "What?" 

    "If you're her boyfriend, how come I haven't seen you here for the past six months?" the manager asked, leaning forward on the counter. 

     "Six months?" Five asked, his heart dropping. "Oh, no." 

   "Whatever. Here's her place," the manager said, giving him a piece of paper she'd just written on. "If you see her, tell her she's in trouble if she doesn't come in." 

     "Will do," Five said, turning and running out of the store to go to Lucy's house. 

~*~

    "Let's think about this. How do we even know it's Klaus?" Lucy asked, crossing her arms. 

     "I'm staring at an ad for his cult right here," Allison said, pointing to the ad in the paper. Lucy walked over and looked at it, nodding slightly. "Yeah, that's him alright."