Twenty

The Day That Was
Wednesday 8:15 A.M.
... again

     "Harold Jenkins?" Allison questioned. 

     "Who the hell is Harold Jenkins?" Diego asked. Five chugged the rest of his coffee, chucking it behind him. 

     "I don't know... yet," he answered. "But I do know that he's responsible for the apocalypse. So we have to find him. And we have to do it now." 

     "How is he connected to what's gonna happen?" Luther asked in confusion. 

     "I don't know," Five shrugged.

     "Wait, so you just know his name? That's it?" Diego asked, stepping forward. 

     "That's enough," Five said. 

     "There's probably dozens of Harold Jenkinses in the city," Diego said, glancing between his siblings. 

     "Well, we better start looking, then," Five said sarcastically. 

    "Will you give me a minute?" Lucy said, turning and walking out of the room again to go finish talking to Vanya. "Sorry, Five appeared out of no where, it was weird. Uh, how'd your audition go yesterday?"

     "I... actually got first chair," Vanya said, a smile creeping up on her face. Lucy smiled widely as she stepped back, Vanya nodding at her.

     "Vanya, that's great," she said, wrapping her in a hug. "I'm so proud of you!" Vanya smiled widely, Lucy stepping back from the hug.

     "Hey, if you need me to come by, or you have anything that happens, here's Leonard's address," Vanya said. She pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to Lucy, who nodded once.

     "Thanks," she said. "I'll keep it in mind." She pocketed it, Leonard walking down the stairs again. "Well, I'll call you later to talk about the concert. Just call if you need anything." Lucy watched as Vanya left with Leonard, a familiar sense of deja vu washing over her. She shuttered, then felt a wave of nausea hit her. She turned and rushed up the stairs, turning to the nearest bathroom and throwing up. She shut the door with her powers, grabbing her hair as she let out a few sobs. She didn't have the stomach to kill her sister, and each interaction made it worse. 

     "Miss Lucy?" Pogo said, knocking on the door. "Are you alright?" 

     "I'm fine, Pogo," she said, flushing the toilet and leaning back. She opened the door, Pogo tapping it slightly open with his cane. She was leaned against the wall, running her hands through her hair. "Just thinking about the inevitable." She gave him a tight smile, slowly pushing herself off the ground. 

     "Your siblings are all downstairs talking-" 

     "About the apocalypse. I know. Five found out some guy named Harold Jenkins is supposed to be some type of trigger," Lucy said, pulling her shirt sleeves up. "So, I'm going to go break into Vanya's apartment and check for anyone named Harold Jenkins, if that doesn't work out I'm going to then break into Leonard's house and see if there's anything there." 

     "Miss Lucy, I suggest you rest," Pogo told her, the girl looking down at him. "Have you checked your temperature lately?" 

     "No, no, it's not time for me to get sick. It's not supposed to happen for another... I don't know, what day is it?" Lucy asked, checking her watch. 

     "March 29th," Pogo said.

     "Oh, then I guess it is that time of year," Lucy said. She turned and puked in the toilet again, Pogo frowning.