Forty-Eight

~*~

     Lucy unlocked the third room they got, Five walking in behind her as they looked to see it was one bed in the middle of the room with a dresser across from it and a closet. Lucy set the keys on one of the tables, turning the light on as Five sat on the bed's. 

     "I just need five minute's," he said. "To relax and figure out what's going on." 

     "I need someone to power wash my entire body," Lucy said. "I'm showering." 

     "Or I could do that," Five said, sitting up. Lucy looked around, noticing there wasn't a bathroom. 

     "Are the bathrooms down the hall?" she asked, Five nodding. "Gross. It's like a college dorm." 

     "Could be worse," he said. "If you're showering, I'm showering." 

     "Okay, I'm going to be taking forever. I can't remember the last time I showered. And if I can't remember the last time I showered, that's not sanitary," Lucy said, pulling her shirt off. 

     "I'm okay with that. We've got time now," Five said, then sighed with a smile. "Feels good to say that." 

     "They get undressed," Lucy said. "But only if you really want to shower." She got undressed, grabbing a robe from the closet as Five smiled and pulled off the old Umbrella Academy uniform. He threw it in the corner, beginning to follow Lucy down the hall. They got in the shower, Lucy turning the water on and immediately stepping under it. "Oh, god, this is amazing. I never thought I would be happy to feel cold water on me." 

     "It's nice," Five smiled from the other shower stall. "I saw you back there, at the Sparrow Academy. That bolt of red. What was that?" 

     "I don't know," Lucy shrugged. "Could have been more of my powers. Dad was a filthy liar." 

     "You're right," Five nodded. "I mean, I can time travel and that was something that took fifty-eight years to even get a little bit right." 

     "It's okay, I'm not feeling as drained anymore. The more I use it, the more natural it feels," Lucy told him, Five nodding. 

     "That's good. Maybe we'll need that," he said. He thought for a moment, glancing at the wall as Lucy went quiet. "Hey, you... you want any company?" Lucy laughed a bit, glancing to her right where Five was. 

     "I guess I could use some," she said, Five smiling as he opened his shower curtain and walked to hers. 

~*~

     Lucy was putting a new set of clothes on, having found some in the closet of the hotel. Five was still in his robe, and he walked up behind her putting his hands on her waist. 

     "I'm going to go get something to eat. You want me to bring you anything back?" he asked. Lucy nodded, turning and slinging her arms over his shoulder. 

     "Just get me whatever you're having. Don't leave too long, I need someone to sleep next to tonight," she said, Five nodding at her. 

     "I'll be back before you know it," he said. He kissed her forehead, turning and walking out of the room. Lucy watched him, then went down the hall and knocked on Allison and Vanya's door. She opened it to see Allison was cleaning off the blood on her face with a rag. 

     "Hey, Allison, can we talk?" Lucy asked, making her look over. 

     "Yeah, sure," she answered. "What's up?"