Forty-Four

~*~

     "Luther, you all right?" Five asked, turning and going to his brother first. 

     "Oh, I think I swallowed my tongue," Luther said in a raspy voice. 

     "Luther, if you swallowed your tongue, you wouldn't be talking, you big moron," Five said, his arms falling at his side. "Come on, on your feet." Five and Lucy helped him up, Luther groaning and blinking a few times. 

     "Hey, what the hell happened?" he asked. "What was that?" 

     "She must've redirected Vanya's energy wave," Five answered him. 

     "Yeah, I know, but how?" Luther asked. The fireplace began to collapse, Five's eyes widening. 

     "Luther, watch out!" he yelled. He pushed back both Luther and Lucy, the bricks all falling onto him. 

    "Five!" Lucy yelled, immediately going to the pile of bricks. She tried digging through them, Luther beginning to help her. "Five!" Lila blinked into the room behind her, Lucy slowly turning to face her. 

     "What are you?" Luther asked as she began to walk around the pile of bricks. 

     "Someone who wants to kill your brother," Lila said. 

     "Well, that's understandable. Diego can be a lot to handle," Luther answered. 

     "Yeah, I was talking about Five," Lila said, Lucy slowly looking at her. 

     "Him, too," Luther responded. "But, unfortunately, they're family, so you're shit out of luck." He geared up and went to hit her, Lila catching his fist in her hand in a wave of white. Luther strained against her, trying to force the punch even more. "How is this possible?" 

     "Gotta believe in yourself, big boy," Lila said with a smile. She then threw Luther out of the side of the house, Lucy stepping away from the bricks as Lila slowly turned to her. "You must mean a lot to Five. He's kept you around longer than anyone." 

     "You don't scare me, you're at least 5'5," Lucy said, motioning to her height. Lila swung her leg at Lucy, but it went straight through the mirage. "Aw, missed, didn't you?" Lila turned to see a different Lucy leaning against the front door. "Or am I really even here?" Lila blinked to her and swung at her, but that mirage was gone as well, another version walking out of the kitchen. "Really, I'm just buying my time at this point. I could do this all day." Lila groaned, turning and jumping out of the side of the house to deal with Luther and Allison first. Lucy then rushed to Five in the pile of bricks. 

     "Five," she said, pulling bricks off of his head first. "Five, come on, get up." She kept pulling them off his body, and eventually just flung them away with her powers. 

     "Luce," he said, reaching out for her as she shoved the bricks away. 

     "Come on, get up," she said, reaching her arm around his waist and pulling him up. 

    "W-Where is she?" Five asked, looking around. Lucy pointed to the opening in the wall, the two rushing over as Allison was struggling on the ground with Luther over her. "You looking for me?" Lila looked over, her entire demeanor changing. 

     "You little turd," she mumbled. 

     "Let's dance," he said with a wide smile. He blinked away, Lucy making herself disappear as Lila also jumped inside. Five and Lila began to fight, Lucy every so often kicking Lila's leg down to give Five the upper hand. Eventually Lila blinked onto the counter, taking a deep breath as Lucy uncloaked herself next to Five.