Eleven

The Night Sir Reginald Hargreeves Died
In Lucy Hargreeves Best Remembrance

     Lucy walked through the house after dinner, about to go downstairs to help Pogo dust when her father stepped out of his office. She stopped walking, turning to see he had a solemn and serious look on his face. 

     "What?" she asked. "Is everything okay?" 

    "It's time," he said, then turned and walked to his room. Lucy stood there for a moment, about to go in when she realized he was probably changing. He opened the door again, going and sitting on his bed. "Remember your boundaries, and remember what button to press on Grace." 

     "I... I'm not ready," Lucy said, stepping into his room. 

     "Number Eight, I do not care if you're ready or not. It needs to happen now," he told her. "You have my notes about everything else, I trust you can do this. Now get out of the shot so they don't suspect you and come back in using your boundaries." He lied down on his bed, Lucy slowly turning and walking out of his room. Grace was waiting in the hall with a tea tray and the poison sitting next to it. Lucy smiled at her and slowly grabbed the poison, dumping it into the tea cup. She then reached up behind Grace's head and pressed the button that would shut down most of her services. 

     "Grace, what's taking so long?" Reginald asked. Lucy turned and stepped back into the room, using the boundaries to stay along the wall as Grace served him his tea. "Now take my monocle." Grace slowly took it off, Lucy watching as she pocketed it. 

     "Wait," Lucy said, Grace stopping for a moment as Reginald stared at the tea. "I can't let you just die, that's-" 

     "Number Eight, there's two things you should know that I never told you," Reginald said, beginning to mix his tea together. "I always had the solution to your aging. I figured it out within a month of you being poisoned with that stuff." Lucy stared at him, eyes wide as she couldn't believe what she was hearing. "The calculations are hidden somewhere in my office, I just didn't want you to know I had them so you wouldn't run off." Tears rimmed Lucy's eye lids as she stared at him. "The second is, Number Seven's powers are highly dangerous, and are likely to bring about the end of the world. All of my notes on her powers are in my office. You need to kill her to save humanity." Lucy stared her him, her eyes going even wider. 

     "You son of a bitch," she said, her voice slowly growing angry. "Five left because of me!" Her voice break, Reginald slowly picking up the tea cup. "He time traveled to help fix me and he's gone because you wouldn't just let me grow up, you stupid asshole! And lying to Vanya her entire life, making her think she wasn't special!? Telling me I have to kill my sister!? You can't just spring this on me in your last thirty seconds of being alive!" 

    "Now channel that rage, Number Eight. Use it to kill me. You know of the extent of your powers, constrict my heart," Reginald said. He took one sip of the tea, then put it back down. Lucy stared at him for a moment then held up her hand and clenched her fist. Reginald gasped as he felt his heart stop beating, and he couldn't breathe. For a few seconds, Lucy had no regrets as she watched him struggle. Tears just fell from her eyes as she tightened her fist even more. Reginald fell back on the bed, making eye contact with his daughter one last time. "Thank you," he paused, "Lucy." He breathed out one last time, Lucy letting her fist open as she stumbled back. She screamed as her knee's hit the floor, sobbing into her hands as his now dead eyes stayed on her. 

     "Pogo!" she screamed, sobbing as she couldn't get up. "Cut it! Pogo, cut it!" The camera powered down, Lucy stumbling forward and crawling next to him on the bed. Grace stood there, not quite knowing what was going on. Pogo limped into the room as Lucy was trying to perform CPR on him. "Come on. Come on." Tears were falling out of her out of her eyes at a rapid pace, and Pogo tried pulling her off of him. Lucy cried as she fell to the ground on the side of the bed, leaning against it as she sobbed. Pogo frowned at the site, but turned to go call 911. Grace still stood there, not knowing what to do. 

     "Here, Lucy," Grace finally said. She pulled the monocle out of her dress, holding it out to the girl. "This is yours." Lucy took it, then sobbed again as she fell against the head board. 

     She continued to cry with this new information sitting in her mind as the guilt of murdering her father was fresh. The last of her childhood was gone forever. 

Extra Ordinary

     Lucy woke up at around 6:30 a.m. to the same nightmare about her father's death. She rubbed her eyes, and felt someone shift next to her. She remember that she'd fallen asleep in Five's bed last night, and forced him to get some sleep, too. She pushed herself out of the bed, going to her room to get changed out of her bloody clothes. She stared at her face in the mirror of her bathroom, bending down and cleaning it off of sweat and grime. 

     She turned and got dressed, about to go to Five's room when she realized she didn't want to wake him up. She turned and went to go get breakfast, stumbling upon Luther and Allison. 

     "Hey," they said, standing up slowly from the kitchen table. Grace walked out of the room, Lucy glancing at her before walking to the fridge. "Are you okay?"

     "I'm not going to tell you about last night," Lucy told them. 

     "That's fine," Allison said quickly. "You don't need to." 

     "We actually... wanted to talk to you about the night dad died," Luther said. Lucy shut the fridge, staring at one spot before turning around to face them. 

     "Why?" she asked. 

     "We saw the security footage of dad's room," Allison said. "We think you should see it." Lucy stared at them, wondering if she had accidentally been on the tape. Had she stepped over the lines? She was extremely careful, she couldn't have. Nevertheless, Lucy followed them to the security room, Allison playing the tape for her. Lucy watched as Reginald talked while mixing his tea, and she could almost hear what he was saying in her head. He set the tea down, then immediately started choking. Lucy bit her bottom lip, trying to keep it together as she knew what was happening off screen. She was so glad there was no sound to this thing. Once he finally stopped moving, Lucy pressed stop on the player and shook her head.

     "Looks exactly how I thought it would," she said, leaning back in her chair. 

    "Yeah, but do you think mom did it?" Luther asked. 

     "Mom's been... kind of off lately," Lucy said. "Here, follow me." She stood and jogged down the stairs, finding their mom reshelving books. "Hey, mom." She looked over at Lucy. "I split my head open and I'm dying, I need you to administer first aid right now." Lucy made it seem like she was bleeding from her head, Luther and Allison stepping back slightly. 

    "Are you hungry?" she asked. Lucy made the mirage go away, then turned to see Allison and Luther looking confused. 

     "See?" she said. "Pogo just needs to work on some wires. It was unlucky that she broke down that night." 

     "Yeah, but if she's breaking down, maybe we should... I don't know, turn her off," Luther suggested. 

     "I'm sorry?" Lucy asked, turning to him. 

     "I'm not saying kill her, I'm just saying she needs time to reboot her system," Luther said, crossing his arms. 

    "I can't listen to that logic right now," Lucy said. "If you need me, I'll be dealing with Five." Lucy started walking away from the two when Luther said something bone chilling.

     "Lucy, if you know something, tell us or we'll find out no matter what." She stopped walking, then turned around and looked at him. 

     "I already told you, I can't recall that much," Lucy said, trying to force a smile at him. "Now stop trying to blame me for it, and leave me alone." 

-----

chapters eleven - fifteen today

buckle up, it's gonna be a wild ride