Twenty-Two

Changes

     The boys all got Allison upstairs on a table, Grace and Pogo there to help her. 

     "She's suffered a severe laceration to her larynx. One of you will need to give blood," Grace said, putting pressure on the wound. 

     "I will," Diego, Klaus, and Luther offered. 

     "I'm doing it," Luther snapped. 

     "I'm afraid that's not possible, dear boy," Pogo said, all of them looking at him. "Your blood is more compatible with mine." 

     "Hey, don't sweat it. I... I got this, big guy. I... I love needles," Klaus said, walking around the surgical table. 

     "Master Klaus. Your blood is... How shall I say this? Too polluted," Pogo said with a nod. 

     "Okay, I can do it," Lucy said, pulling up her shirt sleeves. 

     "I'm afraid that whatever is in your blood would also stop Miss Allison's aging, Miss Lucy. I do not recommend it," Pogo told her, Lucy stepping back slightly. 

     "Move," Diego said, everyone letting him through. "I'll do it." Grace pulled out the needle, holding it in front of his face and Diego immediately passing out. Klaus gasped and clapped his hands over his mouth, Pogo smiling widely at the scene.

     "Stick him," he said. Grace ushered everyone else out of the room, Lucy standing outside of the door after Pogo shut it. Luther insisted on staying in the room,so her brothers all turned and left after Diego had given blood. Lucy took a small step back, turning and going to her dad's office. She was looking for anything that involved Vanya's powers that weren't that notebook. Five noticed her go in, turning and watching her open drawers with ease. As if she'd been in their dads office a million times before. She knew where she was looking. He sighed, turning and going downstairs with his brothers. 

     Lucy stayed upstairs, still going through papers and trying to find something, anything about Vanya. She sighed, leaning back in the chair as she threw a stack at the desk. None of it had anything to do with any of their powers. That was all in his book. Around an hour later after Lucy had just spent her time looking through her dad's office, Five came walking up the stairs. He slowly walked to the door, knocking on the side of the wall. Lucy looked up, sitting up straight as Five stepped into the room.

     "Saw you in here before we left," Five said. "I came to tell you that Harold Jenkins is dead. As far as I can tell, the apocalypse is over." Lucy furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, thinking he still hadn't put the pieces together. "That's what dad told you right? It was Harold Jenkins?" Lucy looked at him for a moment longer, then nodded slightly. 

     "Yeah," she answered. "Yeah, that was what he said." 

     "Great," Five breathed out. "I'm making margaritas if you want one." 

    "I'll be down soon," she said, Five nodding slightly. He turned and left to go make drinks, Lucy leaning back in the chair again. She started to put papers away, sighing as she was really hoping it was all over. Once all the papers were put away, she began to jog downstairs to go drink with Five. She saw Hazel walk out of the academy, making her look confused as she turned into the living room. "Why was Hazel just here?" 

     "Offered his services in stopping the apocalypse," Five told her. "Don't mind Diego, he'll wake up soon." 

     "Okay," Lucy said, taking a deep breath. She sat next to Five as he poured the margarita into a glass, placed an umbrella in it, then slid it over to Lucy.