Thirty-Two

~*~

     Lucy was tugging on the red dress that Five had found and stole from a thrift store, and was behind him as they were trying to sneak into the Mexican consulate. Diego and Lila were in front of the two, watching as people were walking in with officers stationed outside. They jumped over the wall and hid behind a car, Diego at the front. 

     "So, what's the plan?" Lila asked. 

     "We infiltrate, we identify, we extract. Double time," Diego said, keeping his eyes forward. 

     "What the hell's he talking about?" Lila asked.

     "Find the old man and get out fast," Five told her. 

     "That's what I said," Diego said, looking back at them. "On me." He stood and ran, Lila turning to Five and Lucy. 

     "After you," Lila said. Five clenched his jaw as he stared at her, Lucy's eyes widening as she stared at him. "What, I can't be polite?" 

     "Cut the crap," Five snapped. "All right? My dimwitted brother might buy your bullshit, but I don't trust you for a second." 

     "O ye of little faith," Lila said, looking him up and down. 

     "Stick it up your ass," Five responded. Lila smiled, turning and following Diego as Five looked at Lucy. "What?" 

     "N-Nothing," she replied. 

     "Why is your face red?" Five asked. 

     "I just... thought that was really... attractive," Lucy responded, Five raising two eyebrows at her. 

     "Oh, really?" he asked, a smile spreading across his face. 

     "Oh, shut up," Lucy said, hitting his shoulder. He chuckled at her, grabbing her hand and pulling her behind him towards the house. They blended into the crowd, the group of four now walking into the party. Five kept his grip on Lucy's hand, all of them looking around at the people and the inside of the house. Five grabbed a champagne, Lucy grabbing one from the tray as well and immediately sipping on it. 

     "I don't see Dad anywhere," Diego said. 

     "Just keep an eye out for the Majestic Twelve. We've got the upstairs," Five said as Lila also grabbed champagne. "Diego, try not to do anything too stupid." Lila smiled at Five's words, but he ignored her as he began to walk with Lucy towards the staircase. She pulled her hand from his as she drank the last of her champagne and set it on a passing tray. They got upstairs, the two beginning to walk down the hall of rooms. 

     "Can we talk?" Lucy asked as they were walking. 

     "We're talking right now," Five responded. 

     "No, about earlier," Lucy said, Five not answering this time. "I do love you, Five. I love you." He looked at her, pausing at her words. "It's just, every time I seem to admit it, something bad happens to us and you leave." 

     "I know," Five said with a sigh. "I don't know how to tell you how sorry I am." 

     "I just can't lose you again," Lucy said, Five nodding slightly. They kept walking down the hall, Five smiling as he looked back at Lucy. 

     "So, about what you said in the parking lot earlier," he began, making her roll her eyes. "Was it me being mean or was it me clenching my jaw?" 

     "If you must know, it was both," Lucy said, glancing into one of the open rooms. "But it can't just be me. What's something I do that just... gets you going." 

     "Hm, I like when you're confident," Five said, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Or sometimes you'll do this little head tilt and it looks so menacing. Oh, and your hands." 

     "Wait... Are you a bottom?" Lucy asked, Five turning to her quickly. 

    "What? No," he said in defense. "No." 

     "Yes you are!" Lucy said, a smile spreading across her face. "You're a bottom! I thought you were a switch at best." 

     "Lucy-" She heard talking around the corner, and shoved Five against the wall and placed a hand over his mouth. She cloaked them, hoping no one would run into them. Five grabbed her by the waist and pulled her into him, one of the men just narrowly missing her body. Their faces were inches apart, and she slowly let her hand fall to his neck. Five stared at her, the door next to them shutting. "I'd make out with you right now, but I think that was them." Lucy nodded as his grip on her waist tightened for a moment, and he sighed. "To be continued." He spatial jumped into the room, Lucy letting her arms fall as she took a deep breath. 

     "Wow," she said, shaking her head. She cloaked herself again, pressing her ear against the door to try and listen in. She waited there for a second before one of the caterer's walked up the stairs. He rounded the corner, Lucy turning to look at him as he had bleach white hair. She stepped back, wondering why he was up here in the first place. Five then spatial jumped out of the room, turning to see the white haired man standing there. 

     "Oh, shit," Five said. The man grabbed him and slammed him against the wall, Five spatial jumping away. Lucy turned and kicked at the man's face, his head whipping to the side. Five appeared behind him and kicked his knee out. Five grabbed his head and held his neck in an attempt to snap it, but he wasn't strong enough. The man flipped Five over him, Lucy uncloaking herself and diving out of the way. The man went to punch Five again when he blinked away again. Five tried to blink again, but his powers wouldn't work. 

     "You've got to be kidding me," Lucy said. She ran forward and cloaked herself, jumping up on the wall then bringing down her fist on his face. She landed on her feet in front of Five and uncloaked herself the man turning to look at her as Five was wide eyed. 

     "Go help Diego," Five said, Lucy turning to see Diego was now getting beat to a pulp. 

     "When did he even get here?" Lucy asked. She ran forward, at the man, and he geared up to hit her when she cloaked herself and slid between his legs. She bounced up and uncloaked herself, running towards the two men hitting Diego. Lucy kicked the guy with the brass knuckles back, turning and cloaking herself before slipping her hand into Diego's pocket and grabbing a knife. She sliced at the other guys arm, making him let go of Diego. She kicked him down the hall, leaving Diego to deal with the other one. The younger one looked at Lucy, her head tilting to look at him. "You're lucky I go easy on cute boys." 

     Lucy threw the knife at him, intentionally missing and running at him. She wrapped her legs around his waist and twisted with her whole body weight. He flipped over and landed on the ground, Lucy watching as Lila was helping Five. She paused for a moment, the guy on the ground grabbing her ankle. She fell over as he climbed on top of her, his hands going around her neck. Five had blinked away already, and Lila smiled as she walked past Lucy and down the stairs. 

    "What the fuck?" Lucy breathed out. She looked up at the boy, her eyes glowing red as she brought up her hands. She moved them slightly and he flew back off of her and slammed into the wall. He fell to the ground unconscious, Lucy breathing out as she rolled over and crawled to the stairs. She stood and sprinted down after Five, then slowed to a walk in the house. 

     Lucy went out the back and ran around as she heard Five yelling in Ancient Greek that she hadn't heard since they were kids. She got to him, seeing he was yelling it at their father. She paused as she looked at him, remembering that night she'd killed him. And here he was, younger and alive. He got in the car, Lucy placing a hand on Five's shoulder. 

     "Was that him?" Diego asked, Five looking to see he and Lila were there now. 

     "Yeah," he answered. "It was him."