Chapter 20: The Wedding 2.1

KILIAN

I'm putty in this woman's hand.

I really am, and for some inexplicable reason, I don't mind. I don't mind that I can't stop looking at her, that her illegally sexy figure keeps stealing my attention with every move she makes. I don't even mind being at this ugly-ass wedding, watching blondes with big tits and fake nails trying to catch the bridal bouquet, all while knowing I can't fuck a single one of them.

Truth is, I don't want to. I realize that as I feel the bridesmaid's hungry eyes on me, completely ignoring the women around her fighting for that damn bouquet. It's obvious she wants me, and I'm pretty sure she recognizes me too. But the longer I look at her, the more repulsed I am by her type; the peroxide blonde with a tight dress and red lips which, a few months ago, definitely would've been wrapped around my dick at least once by now.

Not today, though. Today, I don't even care when said blonde shoots me a wink, her confidence fake and not as sexy as she thinks it is. I almost roll my eyes at her, but Jasmine's gasp right next to me makes me avert my gaze. "Oh, my... Poor Liam," she mutters, and I see her frown at a man on the other side of the room. The guy seems absolutely terrified, wide eyes staring at one of the few non-blondes in the room, who now raises a pink and white bouquet in her hands with a squeak.

"Rest in peace." I stifle a chuckle, and even though Jasmine seems like she might want to slap me right now, she still covers her mouth with her palm, obviously suppressing her own amusement. "I mean really, look at him," I quip. "I think he can see his life flashing before his eyes."

Jasmine laughs in response, a full-on belly laugh that echoes through the room, and I can't deny I'm proud as hell for eliciting that reaction from her, even if that means people are staring at us now. "You think we need to save him before she forces him on his knees?"

My eyes widen. "Venus, you can't say the words on his knees and expect me not to make some dumb joke about it." I can almost see how hard she's trying to swallow the laugh in her throat, but the wide grin on her lips shows me just how much she enjoys this. "Maybe he's not the only one getting on his knees today." I snicker at my own words; I really am a cheeky fucker sometimes.

To my surprise, Jasmine doesn't respond. Instead, she just studies me curiously, as if there was a question she needs to answer by simply looking at me. I use the momentum to pull her closer, letting her stumble into my chest with a quiet thud. She doesn't complain, for some reason. She simply watches me, and the longer she does that, the more I notice her peculiar behavior. I don't know what it is, and I don't know why she's behaving so differently today. The Jasmine I've gotten to know would've made some comment about my overly forward behavior, she probably would've called me a teenager and rolled her eyes or something. But the Jasmine I'm seeing today is different. There's something about her I haven't noticed yet before, and I don't know if I like it.

"Jasmine Watson! There you are!" A voice interrupts our moment, and we both turn around, finding a woman who looks just a bit like Jasmine, but with blond hair and an attitude that screams over-privileged. It doesn't take long to understand who she is; the way Jasmine rips herself out of my grasp speaks volumes already.

"Mom."

"Why didn't you come to see me before the ceremony? I've looked everywhere for you!"

She groans. "We were occupied with Dad. He and Luke told us about his progress and their plans for the next few weeks."

"Well, I would've liked to see you before the ceremony. You could've introduced me to your company." Her mother shoots me a toothy grin; one that answers the question as to why Jasmine is only close to her father. This woman looks hostile, somehow.