Chapter 36: The Wall

JASMINE

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" I glance up from the couch to watch Kilian get dressed. I was supposed to visit my dad today, but pushed the plan to tomorrow when I heard about Kilian's appointment; I want to be here, whatever the result may be.

His leather jacket snugly thrown over his harm, Kilian rolls his eyes at me. "I'm okay, Venus. You get some work done so we can celebrate tonight." He nods to the computer in my lap before leaning over, his beard scratching my neck when he whispers, "You know what to expect when the docs tell me I can do what I want with my body."

A shiver runs down my spine from his breath on my skin, and the mere thought of doing all those things we couldn't makes me weak to the knees already. "Hot shower sex?" I whisper, biting my lip in anticipation of doing what his injured leg prevented us to.

"Oh, that'll only be the start..." He presses a rough kiss on my lips, unabashedly demonstrating his possessiveness. "I'll show you more in an hour, Venus."

A smirk crosses my lips as I watch him shoot me a wink from the other end of the room. "I love you!" he calls out with a grin before he disappears out the door, leaving me all hot and bothered without even trying hard.

He won't stop saying it. Day in and day out he keeps telling me those words, and even though I should be sick of hearing them... I'm not. There's something magical about a man like Kilian saying those three words to a woman, no matter if he truly means them, or not.

"Now, let's see if we can get you ready in time..." Sliding over the trackpad of my laptop, I open the pictures I hid from Kilian whenever he peeked at my screen. He's as curious as they come, and it's almost impossible to do anything without his set of eyes on the project. Usually, I would do this at my flat, which by now serves as an office more than anything, but my phone has been ringing all morning with new commissions and orders, many of them booking my services for the far future.

I didn't think my job at the Formula One paddock would have much impact, considering my business was put on hold over the two months I stayed with Kilian full time. But when I actually made an effort to get back into it again, my phone wouldn't stop ringing, my inbox wouldn't stop overflowing, and I was seriously overwhelmed with the amount of attention clients sent my way.

The fact that I now have the luxury of choosing most of my jobs still stuns me; I can decline clients I don't deem suitable for my style or who just are not that likeable. It's not a position I ever thought I'd achieve, and I can't thank Cooper enough for introducing me to Flo, who basically shoved my name into every famous driver's face to get it out there. She's been an incredible friend, and a supporter through and through.

"Venus!" Kilian's voice startles me, and I glance at the tiny clock at the top of my screen, suddenly realizing it's been over an hour already.

"Shit..." I mumble, slamming the laptop shut.

My frustration at not getting the job done in time gets thrown out the window the second I see my boyfriend's face though, a wide grin curling on his lips as he throws his jacket on the counter.

"Guess what?" he asks, propping his palms on his hips as if he was Superman.

"Oh my God!" I jump from the couch, almost stumbling over my own feet as they carry me into his arms. "You're done! You can play!"

He picks me up effortlessly; a move we weren't allowed to do until now. My back hits the wall behind us, and I wrap my legs around his waist when he nods. "I can play." The pure joy radiating off him makes me dizzy, and I don't hesitate before I kiss him deeply, already feeling the excitement in his jeans as he presses himself against me.