Chapter 12: Good Morning

KILIAN

Fucking hell, that was... Something else.

I knew she wanted me, and I knew it'd be good, given that the tension between us was off the charts the second I laid eyes on her, but I didn't know it would be so fucking fantastic.

Because holy hell - she was Venus, through and through. A fucking goddess in bed. Watching her cum almost made me lose my control, too, that's how goddamn sexy it was. And she showed me just how much sexier she could be for the rest of the night, because we just couldn't get enough of each other, and I had to feel her again, and again, and again...

Truth is, knowing that Mitchell Brown had her first, irked me. The sole thought of Mitchell Brown fucking her to begin with infuriates the hell out of me. He seemed so enamored, so caught in her spell... I really wonder if they're still in contact. Not that it's any of my business, but the thought rubs me the wrong way, somehow.

And I don't know what we'll do after this, either. I don't usually spend the night, like right now. But after our last session, I just fell asleep. I didn't even realize that I had my arm slung around her until I woke up ten minutes ago.

She's still asleep now, and I can't help but take her in, just look at her for a moment as her chest rises and falls with the steady breaths she takes. I catch myself brushing some hair out of her face, watching how she scrunches her nose at the motion. Pulling at my arm, she tucks our interlaced fingers right beneath her ear, resting her head on our hands as she breathes again, a smile curling on her lips.

I can't help but smile, too. No idea why - Jasmine just has that contagious effect on me.

Fucking shit.

Did I just watch a woman sleep and smiled at that?

Fuck...

What the hell do I do now? I thought this through, didn't I?

Well, I did, but it seems like my plan ended right at her doorstep. It took enough effort to get that Cooper guy to tell Abe where Jasmine is, and I really only knew that I needed her. That was all I could think about.

It wasn't just desire. It was a raw craving, one that made me fly across the damn country just to have her.

And it was worth it, it really was. But what the hell do I do now?

Usually, I'd just leave. But this is Jasmine Watson we're talking about. A force to be reckoned with. Best friends with my best friend's wife. A goddess in bed...

Fuck.

I have to call Hayden. He'll know what to do.

Slowly freeing my hand from her grasp, I'm seriously surprised when she doesn't wake from the movement, her eyes still closed as I slowly slip out of bed. I jump into my boxers and grab my phone from the leather jacket in the hallway before I tiptoe into the bathroom, dialing Hayden's number as soon as the door is closed behind me.

"Kill, what the fuck?" The lawnmower of a voice greets me at the other end of the line, his whisper indicating that they're still in bed. "Do you know what time it is?"

"Uh... No?" I answer truthfully.

"It's six in the morning and I have a highly pregnant wife lying next to me. I really hope this is urgent!"

I stifle a laugh at his panicked whisper, imagining how afraid he must be that my phone call could wake Mila up. He says she's extremely irritated at the moment, especially in the mornings. "Well... Define urgent..."