Chapter 34: Bacon And Coffee

JASMINE

Things have been good.

No, things have been amazing. Kilian has found his drive again, and when his mother visited a few days ago, it seemed like something clicked with him. He's almost animalistic now, and I feel his scorching gaze on me whenever we're close, almost as if he was afraid I'd run away if he moved too quickly.

At the end of the week, he's scheduled for the hopefully last surgery to fix up his leg. The doctors said he has been recovering well, and he might be able to take his rightful spot on the field some time next year.

"Hmm... You taste like bacon," his words are muttered against our lips as he kisses me again, our naked bodies still connected on the kitchen counter. Both of us had a need to make up for lost time, and I don't think we left a single surface in this apartment untouched over the past days.

I grab some bacon from the now cold pan next to us and bring it to his lips while I pull him closer between my legs. "You want more," I prompt, and he bites off a large bite, the wide grin on his face instantly warming my heart.

"More of you," he retorts with a wink. "But bacon is good, too."

"You can have both." I shrug, swallowing the rest of the bacon with a smile.

"You mean..."

His eyes widen when he understands what I'm saying, his cock inside me twitching again. "I mean bacon sex." I press a swift kiss on his lips. "But you need to get wrapped up before you get bacon or sex."

"I still don't understand why we can't just..."

"Just because I have the coil, doesn't mean I'll sleep with you raw. I'm dragging your ass to the doctor before we do that."

He stares at me for a long moment, and for just a second I think I insulted him, but then a low chuckle vibrates through him before he kisses me again. "One of a kind, Venus. You're one of a kind."

"You knew that already, didn't you?" I raise an eyebrow, to which he responds with a hearty laugh.

"Of course I did." Slapping my butt, he untangles himself from me. "Now, when I get back here I want all the bacon you can find."

"You can lick it from my body."

Kilian just stares at me for a moment, his eyes wandering up and down my naked body. "Can't wait, fire girl. I can't wait."

I don't even bother getting dressed after he leaves the room, and I scour the fridge for some more bacon before I throw it in the pan and turn on the stove. Watching how the meat sizzles in the heat, I smile to myself. Never in my life did I think I'd enjoy being around this idiot of a man so much, and I hope I haven't gotten used to his company too much by now.

I decided I'm going to get back to work after Kilian's surgery. For now I have been working from home, editing pictures from online contracts or taking orders for events that take place in a few weeks' time. I miss my job, and I miss the thrill that comes with taking the perfect picture. Sifting through the hundreds of pictures I make on a normal day has always been my favorite part of the job.

"Venus." Kilian's voice startles me, and I throw a hand on my chest before I turn around, only to feel my heart drop into my stomach from the sight in front of me.

Kilian Rogers is right next to me, only dressed in a pair of boxers as he gets on one knee, a small box in his hands.

"What the—"

"Marry me."

I can only stare at him, the words taking their time to register in my mind.

"Oh my God." Realization finally kicks in. "Are you insane?"