Chapter 29: The Tease

JASMINE

"Up!"

"What?"

"Kilian!" I swat his arm. "My eyes are up here!"

His laughter fills the room as he finally looks up at me, the mischief sparking in his irises. "You said I can't ogle you outside, but this is my apartment, so..."

"So, it's still chauvinistic if all you do is stare at my tits when I'm talking to you," I retort.

"But, like..." Kilian takes my hand and spins me around, letting me crash into his chest before we face the mirror in his bedroom. "How could I not?" He wraps his arms around my torso, his hands gliding over my stomach in a painfully slow motion. I suck in a breath when one hand slips into my skirt, his rough fingers now lying still on my center.

"Kilian," I warn, but the breathiness of my voice gives away just how much I want him to touch me like that, how much I want him to do more than just tease me.

Don't get me wrong, I take what I need when necessary, but it's not the same. I want him completely, and I've shown that more than enough to know he's working through something right now. He wants me as much as I do him; I feel that every night and basically every damn time his crotch comes anywhere near me. But something holds him back, and as much as I know I could take what I want somehow, this is his way of coping with things. I can't and don't want to take that step for him.

If only it wasn't that hard...

"Kilian..." I breathe out his name again when he digs his fingers into my curves, as if that would somehow change my mind about tonight. "Just come with me."

His hand wanders beneath the thin fabric of my blouse, and I feel my skin break out in goosebumps from the way his rough fingers caress my soft flesh.

"Why do you even need to go?"

I would've laughed at his question, considering he sounds like a child right now, but I know there's more to this than meets the eye.

"Because they're my friends and because I need to get out of here. As do you."

Things have changed since his mother showed up in front of his door. He's become more confident, and I almost think he's close to getting back to who he was when I met him, but something is obviously holding him back. I don't know what it is, and that irks me. I'm not a woman who asks for what she wants; I just take what I need, but with Kilian I learned I need to adjust to his mood sometimes.

"What do I get?" he asks, his lips brushing over my neck as he watches me through the mirror.

"What do you get?" I repeat his question and take a second to bathe in the way he looks at me, hungry eyes filled with so much lust that I don't understand how he's holding himself back now.

"Well, I mean, my company is worth something, isn't it?"

The smirk on my lips turns into a full-on grin as I shake my head at him, both hating and loving that he's so full of himself right now.

"Fine." I pull his hand out of my skirt before I lift my own underneath it, pulling down my thong in one swift motion. "This is what you get, Mr. Rogers." I place the piece of lace into his hand. "Is that enough?"

He looks at it for a moment, and I feel the way his erection presses into my ass before he looks back up at me. "I don't know, Ms. Watson. I might need more persuasion..."

I groan and roll my eyes at his comment before I break out of his grasp. "Fuck you." I walk to his closet and grab a white shirt and some jeans, which I then throw at him. "Go get changed. We leave in ten." Shooting him one last wink, I make my way out of the bedroom, confident he will follow through. Even if it takes a minute longer.