Chapter 4: The Bathtub

JASMINE

This evening just took a turn that might even outshine the revelation that Darth Vader was Luke's father.

Because the last thing I expected tonight was Kilian fucking Rogers in my eyesight. The guy has gotten on my nerves from the very day we met, his smug and narcissistic behavior is one for the books.

What irks me even more is that he treats women like trash. They're just toys to him, playthings he occupies himself with to fulfil his needs, and once he's done with them they get discarded like last year's Barbie doll.

I'm not surprised he flew onto Heidi like a moth to the light, these two definitely make a great fit. And I don't know why I suddenly feel so reckless, but when Mitchell suddenly interlaces his fingers with mine, leading me into the hotel lobby and then right into the elevator, I can't pull away. I know I should; I know I should stick to my professional mantra, should stop enjoying the way his thumb brushes over the back of my hand...

But I can't, he's pure lava, ready to swallow me whole. I'm so fired up already, god knows by what, that I can't even protest when he suddenly tips up my chin as soon as the elevator doors close behind us, those grey eyes studying me with curiosity when he says, "I so badly wanted to kiss you all day, Jasmine..."

His eyes linger on my lips for a second before they meet mine again, and I just know that this is a spectacularly bad idea, that I will regret doing this soon enough, and still I whisper, "I like a man who takes what he wants, Mitchell."

And goddamn, that smirk playing on his lips is one for the movies - this man just outshines them all, without even trying. It doesn't surprise me that he suddenly has me pinned against the wall, his hand cupping the back of my neck as he brushes his lips against my own, the touch gentle but passionate, somehow.

His tongue enters my mouth like he owns it, suddenly challenging me, threatening me with its thrusts. We're a mess of tongue and lips and swallowed moans, my arms around his neck while he steadies us against the elevator wall. And I'm so close to just jumping him there, the sudden need within me sparking into oblivion, but the sudden Ding! of the elevator makes both of us pull back. The tension between us reaches an all-time high as we just look at each other, drinking the other in, as the doors open next to us.

And with that exact same action, with the opening of those doors, it's like my mind gets restarted, too.

What the fuck am I doing?!

I can't compromise my job, can't risk my career for a quick fling... God, I'm just so fucking riled up today, I couldn't help myself.

Fuck.

"We should..." Mitchell speaks up, but I immediately interrupt him.

"We shouldn't... I gotta go. I'll see you tomorrow." I duck between his arms and out of the elevator, dashing toward my door at the end of the hall, the second Ding! of the elevator announcing Mitchell's departure. Just as I swipe the card over the reader do I hear her voice, the shrill squeal echoing through the hallway, making me turn my head.

There she is, Heidi's tongue down Kill's throat, her hand on his dick as she pulls him after her. I can't help but roll my eyes, opening my door with a beep, the frustration running straight through me already. God. I need to get laid...

"Goodnight, fire girl." Kilian's voice makes me turn around, and I see him right next to my door now, waiting for Heidi to let them into her room.

"You're kidding me..." I scoff when I see that, of course, Barbie girl had to occupy the suite right next to me. For fuck's sake...

"I'm afraid I'm not." He winks, looking way too complacent and conceited for my liking.