Chapter 47: Happy Birthday

Jasmine

"Why do we have to be here again?" Kilian pulls at my hand, the action sending me into his arms before we fall against the rental car behind us.

"Because it's your birthday tomorrow."

"That should be a reason not to be here, shouldn't it? I thought I'd get a present or something, but now I'm at my mother's house..."

"Don't worry, pizza boy. You'll get your present at midnight, when we're back home," I retort with a wink.

A wide grin spreads on his lips, a dangerous potion of mischief and heat dancing in his irises when he remarks, "I will, huh?" His hand wanders into my jeans back pocket, and he gives my ass a firm squeeze before he pulls me closer into him again, letting our bodies collide in the most subtle but intoxicating way. I can feel him grow hard against me already, the way his gaze flicks to my lips only fueling the heat between my thighs as he asks, "And what exactly do you have in store for me, Venus?"

I can't help but smirk at his question, pushing myself even closer against him, and I bathe in the way his eyes darken when I whisper against his lips, "Guess you'll have to wait and see, caveman."

His eyes widen at my remark, the surprise in his irises making me suppress a laugh. "Really?" he asks with a raised brow.

"As I said... Wait and see, tiger." Shrugging in response, I move to push myself off him, but he only tightens his grip around me. His gaze pierces right into my own, and even with all the mischief and amusement lingering between us, I feel every inch of me go up in flames from the sole fire in his eyes, from the heat he exerts into my being by just staring at me.

He always had this way of looking at me like I was the sole definition of fire, heat, and everything he could desire in a lifetime. I don't think I'll ever grow tired of that expression in his eyes, of the raw need he unabashedly displays wherever he wants.

I shouldn't be surprised when he pulls me in for a kiss that ignites my very being and sends straight lava through my veins, and yet I can't suppress the gasp from my lips when he spins me around and cages me in against the car. "I fucking love you, you know that, Venus?" he growls against my lips, and the mere vibration of his voice traveling through our bodies elicits a sigh from my throat that makes me melt against him, showing just how much power this man holds over me with every stroke of his tongue.

"I know," I moan out my response as he weaves a hand through my hair, gaining control over every inch of me.

"Then say it." His firm bite on my bottom lip almost makes me hiss, but when he greedily chases my tongue again, the pain seems like a faint memory; a very pleasant one, at that.

It takes a lot of self-restraint, but I manage to pull away from him with a deep breath, capturing his chin with my index and thumb. His entire being radiates fire and heat, and I can feel how he's controlling himself with the way his chest rises and falls every second his dark eyes drink me in.

"I love you." I barely hear my own words, but the satisfactory grin on my husband's lips shows he heard me loud and clear.

"Good. 'Cause knowing that is the only reason I'm here, fire girl."