Chapter 26 {Wanna Play?}

"Ano Cynthia-sama....what are we staring at?" The brunette girl blinked beside her friend. Cynthia quietly shushed her, her sapphire gaze never leaving the sight.

"We're seeing them in their natural habitat" was all she said before silencing and continued her watching.

"Uh-huh..." Avelyn could only nod seeing she barely understood what the blonde meant. All she was looking at the Crown Prince of Anatasial playing chess with their own Crown Prince. The Second Prince was too far from as his emerald orbs watched their every move.

"And here we have the fiances of these creatures in their own natural habitat" Kathryn joked, gesturing to the blonde and brunette. The girls were enjoying themselves in the royal gardens. Table and chairs prepared for them to enjoy the lovely day in the gardens. Meanwhile, the princes were in their own gazebo.

Cynthia rolled her eyes at her, "shut up" she finally turned her gaze away. "I was just curious to see how Prince Anthony act with other royals"

"Sure but shouldn't you be more curious in something else?" Kathryn hinted, gesturing to Avelyn. Cynthia's eyes widen, "a-ah right" she turned to face the brunette. "So I'm glad both you and Prince Edgar are getting along just fine"

Avelyn smiled with her cheeks flustered, "w-well yesterday was...just amazing" she hid her face underneath her brown locks. The girls giggled at the girl's adorable action. Erina smiled, "that's great, the carnival was the perfect place for a nice date~"

Yumi nodded, "there were lots of great food" the pinkette girl hummed.

The girls chat among themselves with them lightly teasing Avelyn with her date yesterday. Though out of nowhere, Cynthia sighed, her smile turning into a little frown.

Seeing the usually cheerful girl in a sudden mood, Avelyn looked at her in concern. "Cynthia-sama?"

"A-Ah, it's nothing" Cynthia hastily shook her head. She forced a smile despite the little sense of guilt growing inside for deceiving her friend but what else could they do?

"Cynthia-sama..." The brunette didn't back down. "You can tell me, you can tell all of us" Avelyn smiled. Though her smile was practically saying, I won't stop until you do.

Cynthia sighed in defeat, "fine...well" she bit her lips. "...when I was little, I met this girl..." The blonde forced herself to lie, trying to sound convincing.

"A girl?" Avelyn titled her head.

Cynthia nodded, "I met her just for a moment but we got close real quick..." She smiled sadly. "But...she left and I never met her since" she weakly laughed. "To be fair, I probably forgotten how she even looked like"

"Have you ever tried searching for her?" Lily asked, her ruby eyes blinking in curiosity.

"I did but...she wasn't even a citizen of Edolis" Cynthia buried her face into her arms, hiding her face. Probably to avoid looking them in the eye.

"Then..." Avelyn's eyes widen. "She could be from Anatasial!" The brunette suggested, making the blonde heiress lift her head a little. "Maybe but...it would be finding a needle in a haystack" she sighed.

"We can ask Prince Edgar or Prince Colin for help!" Avelyn's eyes brighten with eagerness. "If she is part of Anatasial then we have a chance of finding her!"

Cynthia was still at doubt, "I wouldn't want to trouble you guys..." She furrowed her brows.

"Wouldn't want to trouble who with what?" Another person spoke behind her making her jump. In facts, all of them except for Yumi so certain she was a bloke of ice, jumped at his voice.