Chapter 16 {Cold Feet}

~ Cynthia's P.O.V ~

'Dark water element? And a fire element? This wasn't how it was supposed to be?' I felt like I wanna tare my hair up!

I have very conflict feelings to this new discovery of mine. One half of me is fucking thrill that I have such badass magic! While the other half is paranoid about what could this mean for me. Is it gonna drag me to a destruction route or benefit me more in the future?

'Wait does this mean this could be a cheat code of some sort like in those mange I read?' I farrowed my brows in thoughts. 'Or it could be due to the fact my soul is different from the Original Cynthia! Like Erina mention before, magic is linked to our souls! Maybe that's why but I still don't get how I got dark water element....'

"Claremore, Orion!" The man called out breaking my inner thoughts.

Unlike me, Orion calmly walked forward ignoring the whispers. Already at the age of seven and they already know how to gossip? Wow, that's gonna be useful, sarcasm intended.

The crystal orb shifted into a bright shade of red?....wait I almost saw that incorrectly it's a shade of orange! But-

"Wait what's element is orange?" I blinked.

"My! A secondary element! Such a strong sound element!" Priestess Selena smiled while Orion looked quite smug much.

"Congratulations cuz!" I pat his back when he returned.

"Whatever..." He just rolled his eyes at me! Little brat....

"Huh, no wonder you got adopted by the Claremore" Kathryn hummed which Orion clicked his tongue to. "Tsk just shut up"

"You two come down, please don't fight" Erina coaxed with Avelyn nodding in agreement. I however just ignored them both as I nonchalantly watched everyone in the temple. You know just for curiosity~

Though I quickly regretted this action when I accidentally caught the eyes of Anthony. The blonde basta- I mean prince simply smirked right back at me. Great just fucking great!

'I'm totally gonna die....Anthony was originally interested in the heroine because of her rare magic but what would that mean for me now I posses dual-element of dark water and fire element?' I paled at the thought. The dark water element seems to a negative element of some sort I mean it got dark in the bloody name! Does that mean I'm gonna be a more dangerous type of villainess with dark power while the heroine must vanquish me with her light?

Thoughts and possibilities swarmed my head. I could feel my fingers fidgeting and nerves going crazy.

However, while I was going through my mental dilemma, names after names were called.

"Grace, Roselyn!" The man called which made me choked in my spits.

I gulped as I watched a familiar orange-haired girl nervously walked forward. The priestess smiled as she gently coaxed the girl closer.

The crystal orb immediately changed in colour of a bright blinding white ray. If my test made everyone gasped in surprised, hers made everyone frozen in disbelief. Soon after, whispers evade the silent air.

"A-a light element?"

"It's so bright...."

"Very powerful too..."

"B-but she's just a commoner?"

Though Priestess Selena forcefully coughs drawing out the unwanted whispers. Everyone immediately quiets down but didn't stop their burning gazes at the girl. You know, I feel quite sorry for her. It must be terrifying to stand there and feel everyone painful gazes.