Chapter 23 {They'll Be Fine}

And we're back at another chapter of Bungou Stray Dogs- wait wrong story/universe, sorry.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The carriage was silent as the couple within was summoned by the King, himself. A sudden invitation and yet one that they couldn't decline. Though, they had left their mansion with an uneasy stomach, fearing the worst especially it had called for their whole afternoon. Well, it was the Duke, who was feeling worried whereas his Duchess was simply curious about the invitation.

"......" The Duke had sighed for the umpteen times since they had gotten on the carriage and to be honest, it was getting on his wife's nerve. Though being the gentle soul she was, she once again reassures him.

Terisa caresses his hands and gently smiled, "Honey, this is not the first time we have left the children on their own. They'll be fine"

And once again her reassurance doesn't ease the man. The Duke rubbed his temple, "yes but after Thia had returned from her playdate, the news of her collapsing is of great concern. How could I not worry?"

The blonde woman shared his concern as well. In fact, she almost had fainted when she had heard her little girl had suddenly collapsed. What mother wouldn't? Luckily it wasn't a serious threat, simply magic exhaustion but then it raises the question of what was Cynthia doing for her to collapse from magic exhaustion?!

"Thia would be resting easily back at home" Terisa hummed, leaning her heads upon his shoulder. "The staffs along with Damon and Orion will keep watch over her. Plus, I had asked of Ren to stop by in case of anything"

"But, what happens if Thia collapse again?! The healer had said that she has an unstable magical core. Maybe, that incident had left permanent damage on her core. Something could happen to her and Nancy had taken the day off..." The helpless Duke rambled on in paranoia. Even the Duchess twitched before grabbing his face with her hands, squeezing his cheeks hard and shutting him up.

"Vincent. Listen here and listen good" her usual gentle gaze is gone and what's left is a stern one. Her hazel eyes darkened, "our little princess is not a helpless damsel. Whatever this problem that's going on, she'll overcome it with or without an unstable core"

The Duke, the man from the great house of Claremore. The noble family that has fought and been by the Royal Family's side for centuries, both in court and battlefield. Such a tragedy that his mind is so muddled once the issue involves his wife or daughter. Such a dotting father but to such ridiculous extent.

Though they were lucky that his wife can easily tame the powerful yet muddled man. He sighed and smiled into her palm. "Okay, my love. Whatever you say" he nuzzled into her delicate palms, kissing them lovingly.

"They'll be fine, I'm sure of it" Terisa smiled in reassurance. Her head rests easy, placing upon his shoulder as their trip became more peaceful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ The Claremore Mansion ~

"And now, bring out the sacrifice!" The small figure wearing a black hood yelled out. An ominously drawn circle stood in the middle of the room with small candles surrounding it. At her call, two more hooded figures entered the room, carrying what seems to be a tied-up person.

"!!!!!" The sacrifice tried to cry for help but failed with the cloth gag tied to cover his mouth. The figures that had carried him into the room, had placed him in the middle of the circle while being tied to a wooden pole.

"Join me, my brothers and sisters!" The same small figure exclaimed as more hooded figures entered the room and stand by her side. "Today, we'll sacrifice this young boy to our lord, Lord Cthulhu!"