Chapter 17 {The Element of Surprise}

~ Third Person's P.O.V ~

"And that concludes our Coming of Age Ceremony! Congratulations to those who have received the results they desire while those who didn't, please don't sorrow. There will be other chances for you in future even if they're not in magic. Though for now, return back home and reunite with your family!" Priestess Selena smiled as the gates of the temple opened. The children immediately rushed out, some excited to tell their family while others need a shoulder to cry on.

"Hey, how about we go to my house to hang out and stuff?" Cynthia suggested, not wanting to separate from her friends just yet.

"I don't really have a problem but we should inform our parents first" Kathryn stated which everyone nodded to before going their separate ways.

"Um Orion, why don't you head back first, I gotta speak with Cynthia in private" Erina asked the orange-haired boy.

"Sure I guess...just don't take too long" Orion shrugged, walking away.

Erina smiled as she waved farewell to the boy but it quickly disappeared once the boy was out of sight. The blonde maid immediately pulled Cynthia somewhere they wouldn't be overheard. Preferably behind an old tree at the back of the temple.

"W-woa Erina, what's wrong?" Cynthia blinked.

"Don't you think this is the best time to check if that girl is really Yumi?" Erina reminded her.

"Yumi?" Cynthia tilted her head before realisation hits.

~ Flashback ~

"Campbell, Yumi!" Before a name froze her whole body.

"You don't think?" Cynthia hopefully glanced at Kathryn and Erina.

"Maybe....but we can't be so hasty. We can't be so sure" Kathryn only shook her head.

Though Cynthia only watched in pure hope as a pink-haired girl walked forward.

~ Flashback Ends ~

"Right! I almost forgot! B-but how do we actually approach her? I mean it could be just a coincidence, you know?" Cynthia questioned.

"With your luck, I really doubt that. Not to mention, in a western theme fantasy genre world, doesn't a name like Yumi seems a bit too odd?" Erina concluded.

"True but what do we say? 'Hi! Sorry to bother you but we're just checking if you are actually the reincarnated friend of ours from our past life. Cool?'" The blonde heiress sarcastically said.

"No need for sarcasm, Cynthia. I mean it did work back when we first met" Erina reminded her.

"Yeah but back then you were alone and just a maid!"

"Excuse me?" Erina narrowed her lime green eyes, taking offence to the comment.

"N-no that's not what I meant!"

"Then what do you actually mean?"

"W-well if you weren't actually Erina, I would just sound crazy and as a maid, you won't able to say anything about it! But this situation is different because Yumi's probably a noble in this life. The fancy dress she wore and she actually had an affinity for magic" Cynthia explained.

"I see and continue on...."

"And if I just walk upright to her, I would just look crazy in front of her and her family, which could damage the Claremore Household's image with the rumour of the crazy heiress!" The blonde heiress exclaimed flaring her arms up in the air.