Chapter 32 {Revelation Between Brothers}

~ Next Morning ~

"...I'm so sleepy..." A guard yawned and began to doze off before getting hit at the back of the head. He winced, crouching down as his colleague glared down at him. "I-Itai..."

"Don't even think about sleeping on the job especially with how tense the situation is" his colleague scowled, hitting the bottom of his spear against the stone pavement.

But the sleepy guard couldn't help the yawns that escaped his lips. "B-But the whole mansion had been searching for the whole night and we still found—"

He was paused as they caught sight of an unfamiliar carriage coming near. "Hold up!" A carriage was stopped before the gate. Hostile greeted the carriage. "What is your purpose here?!"

The driver of the carriage sweated upon the greeting. "I-I was paid?" He answered but it sounded more like a question. Give him a break, he was only doing his job.

Though his response wasn't taken kindly the guards guarding the gates. With their weapons sharped and glinted ominously in light, the driver gulped and prayed for his life.

"You have some nerve—geh?! Young Mistress Cynthia?!" The same scolding guard was gobsmacked upon seeing the actual blonde girl waving through the carriage window.

Immediately, the carriage was let through the gates. The guards at the gate scrambled on their feet and salute in respect. The driver only sweatdropped at the quick change of attitude before entering through the gates.

Inside, however, Cynthia quietly snickered under her breath which the elderly lady who was accompanying her shook her head at the blonde girl while her granddaughter only blinked in confusion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now out of the carriage, dread-filled the blonde heiress as she started hard upon the entrance of her own home.

"Dear child, what are you waiting for?" Granny Heather sighed. "Your family is absolutely worried about you" the elderly woman took it upon herself to knock instead, seeing the young girl weren't gonna do it herself.

The familiar face of Nancy greeted them. "Hello? Wh—Young Mistress?!" Much like the guards, the head maid was taken by surprise at the sight of the supposedly missing girl right at the entrance of the mansion. "Dear heaven, where have you been?!" She cried out in complete relief as the young girl was now back home and free from harm.

"I-I...got lost in the forest" Cynthia mumbled, fiddling with her fingers. "And Roselyn here..." She gestured to the nervous orange-haired girl beside her. "...helped me"

Upon hearing somewhat of an explanation, Nancy immediately ushers the grandmother and granddaughter duo inside.

"Nancy?" The commotion at the entrance was also noticed by Terisa, who looked as if she hadn't slept at all the entire night. As a matter of fact, Cynthia noticed even Nancy and the guards they had seen this morning, looked completely exhausted with eye bags and a paler complexion.

"Who was at..." Terisa's soft hazel eyes widened in shock upon seeing her child, who was missing from yesterday. Teared up, the mother instantly grasped upon her child and hugged her in complete and utter relief. "Cynthia!"

Hearing her cries, Cynthia's father and brother along with Orion and her uncle greeted them. With similar reactions, Damon also rushed forward to hugged his sister. "You idiot! Didn't you know how fucking worried we were?!" Damon scolded as he hugged the blonde girl. Not long, even the staff had came to see what were the commotion was about. The maids particularly Sarah and Erina, who was returned in a rush when she had heard Cynthia had gone missing, had burst into tears of relief. The young blonde maid actually wanted to hug the girl as well but held back when she noticed that there were guests.