CHAPTER 24

Chapter 24      

"Where's Eunice?" I asked Ethan.

I roamed around and watched the sea of people inside the airport. Nang hindi makita ang kaibigan, ibinalik ko kay Ethan ang paningin.

He was on his white v-neck shirt and gray faded jeans, his hair was a bit messy and his foreign features got highlighted. He looked very hot.

Dad has given him a week leave and that days will be spent together with my best friend. His brow with  a v-cut narrowed at me.

"Restroom," simpleng tugon niya. I just nodded and continued to roam my sight around.

"Seems like you're struggling as you carry Asher," Ethan said nonchalantly. Napabaling ako sa kanya sabay sulyap sa hawak ko.

Asher became heavier than the usual, he's so aggressive now and very defiant. Nangangawit na ang kamay ko habang karga-karga si Asher, we're waiting for almost fifteen minutes. Nasa'n na ba kasi iyong babaeng 'yon?

Sa sobrang dami ng tao sa loob, wala na kaming naupuan. This is so frustrating. I smiled at Ethan and laid my son to him. He effortlessly carried Asher.

They looked at each other then Ethan started teasing my son. My son was chuckling. Hindi ko tuloy mapigilan ang mangiti.

"You could be a good father, soon. I can say that,"

Ethan lifted up his face in awe, suddenly there's a malicious smirk plastered on his lips. He looked at the place where the restroom was. He dreamily smiled and faced me.

"Really?" his voice sounded so happy although he was suppressing it.

"Iyon... kung papayag si Eunice," I smirked.

His smile faded. The lit on his face is now gone. I suppressed a chuckle. He's so cute!

"Bakit naman siya hindi papayag?"

His voice was mixed with annoyance and temper. Pinigilan ko ang matawa nang malakas. I acted serious and unbothered though the inner me was already laughing so hard.

I looked at my son and caressed its cheeks.

"She doesn't want to ruin her body figure, that is what I know. You may as well think that she doesn't want to conceive,"

His jaw clenched. I smirked mockingly to annoy him more. Damn! His face was epic. Laugh my fucking ass off!!

"She did say that?" malamig na aniya pa.

"Yes—"

"Have any proof? Audio, video that can testify your statements?"

Natigilan ako. Tumikhim ako pagkatapos saka kunwaring nag-iisip. Sumulyap ako sa kanya na naghihintay pa rin ng proweba galing sa akin. Tangina! Joke lang 'yon, totohanin ba naman?!

"Uh... Hmm... Well... Ano..." palipat lipat ang mata ko, pilit iniiwasan ang malamig na titig ni Ethan. "Hahahaha! Joke lang pala! Hahaha!"

Tinapik-tapik ko ang balikat niya ngunit nakatitig pa rin siya sa akin at mas lalong tumalim ang titig niya. Hilaw akong napangiti saka tumawa nang mahina.

"Hahaha! Joke kasi 'yon. Eto naman!"

Mierda! Eunice, what took you so long?

"Humorless joke. Not even funny at all. That is the worst joke I have ever heard," he said with so much emphasis with the word 'worst'.

Napanguso ako at marahan siyang sinuntok sa balikat, grabe tigas! "Tumawa ka kasi joke 'yon! Joke 'yon, sabe! Tumawa ka! Hahaha!"

"I still have nuts, Miss Gray. You. You need a therapy baka lumala pa," he glanced at me. "Ganyan ba kapag Gray ang broken? Nauulol?"