Chapter 17 "Meeting"

A/N

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much! 650+ New reads in a week. I am so happy.  Thank you so much to each and every reader of mine who made it possible. Love you all!!!

This chapter is dedicated to AHNOSEWORTHY, SOPHIAEBOH, INSTABADDIE16, MADILYNHHHHH, RIDDHITANDON78, CHERYLBALFE, KATESTRUT, KAROLINAHUNT, KATSDUMBSTORIES, POLAROIDCHEESE, PIZZZAROLLLS56, ZOEY864.

Lucifer's P.O.V

"Hey. I need to talk to you for a minute." Asher said getting up from the couch in the living room, where we all were relaxing after finishing the breakfast. He started walking away towards the other end of the room, motioning me to follow.

"You need to come to the company today. Some financial issues have surfaced with the deal we were making with 'Fernsby constructions'." Asher said quietly, looking towards angel and then me, careful not to speak loud enough for her to hear.

"Bu-" I tried to say was cut off by him.

"I tried to solve the problem and negotiate with them, but they are too adamant about their terms. So the board members want to have a meeting and want the deal finalized today itself. And we all know that it can only be possible if you take matters into your own hands and meet with Mr. Fernsby personally." Asher hurriedly explained; raising his hands in defense, when I glared at him.

He clearly knows that I will not leave my angel alone, at least not now. She is still not completely healed and gets scared sometimes.

For the past few weeks; I was working from the office at my house. I only went out a few times, reluctantly, to deal with the matters of the underworld, and that too when I was assured that my angel is fast asleep.

But for every other matter, I made it crystal clear to Asher that I will not leave my angel alone at home.

No matter how much security I have increased to the already existing ace security at my place, but still the idea of leaving her alone does not settle well with me, at least not till she gets completely healthy and is comfortable to talk to me about any of her discomforts; no matter what they are.

Then why is he even bothering to ask me to come to the office!

I huffed and frantically ran my hands in my hair wishing that some solution, any solution, will magically pop up in my mind relieving me from going to the stupid meeting.

"I told you to solve the problems at the company by yourself. You know I will not go for any meeting till angel's health gets better". I said in a hushed voice.

Frustration was dripping from every single word I said, but I couldn't help it. Whatever Asher said was true. This meeting was important and the deal with Fernsby constructions was more important, as it will help expand our business to the European countries.

"I know and trust me..I tried my best to solve the problem, but you are forgetting the fact that you are the owner of Knight group of companies, not me. And there are some matters that can only be solved by you."

"but I-" I was cut off by my angel who was now coming near us.

"Lucifer! What's the m-matter? Did something happen?" she asked in her honey dipped voice.

"It's nothing I can't handle angel. You don't need to worry about anything." I smiled and assured her.

She nodded but I could clearly tell that that she was not at all convinced by what I said. She waited for a few seconds, looking at me with her innocent doe eyes, probably hoping that I would tell her, and a part of me really wished that I could, but other part of me did not want to bother her.

I decided to go along with the latter and just gave an assuring smile without uttering a single word.

After waiting for a few good minutes, she turned on her heels to go back towards the couch but was suddenly stopped by Asher.

"Hey kiddo. There is a problem at the company and Lucifer needs to attend a board meeting and solve the matter. But he is not willing to go." Asher said in a complaining tone to my angel while running towards her.

Coward!

He knows that I can kill him for telling that to my angel and worrying her. In fact, if he was by my side for even a second more, I would have already killed him. But he knows that I will not do anything to him, if he hides behind my angel. He knows that my angel would never let me harm him.

"Is the meeting very important?" she asked Asher, concern lacing her voice.

"N-" I tried to say but was again cut off by him.

Idiot!

"Yes. The company will suffer a great loss if the deal is not a success. But if Lucifer attends the meeting and finalizes the deal, which everyone knows that he will, we will be able to expand our business in Europe" he informed her.

I am going to really kill him the first chance I get.

"No angel. The deal is not as big as he made it look like. It will not even bring a dent to my company or my bank balance for that matter. It's really fine if I don't attend this meeting." I tried to convince her as she was looking really concerned and worried.

A part of me was angry at Asher to make my angel so worried but another part of me..the selfish part, was feeling tingles of happiness for that fact that she was worried for me.

But amidst everything, one thing that was clear, was that she was not at all convinced by my lie. She looked muddled as if going through a dilemma.

She looked at me and then at Asher and then again at me as if deciding something.

"You should go Lucifer. I-Important or not, you should attend the board meeting. All the employees at your company d-depend on you. You should go!" she said in a low voice after contemplating for a while.

"But-" I tried to explain, but was again cut off by Asher. He is so going to die today.

"We will try our best to return as soon as possible but you also know how important the meeting is. No matter what but you need to be present there. We better hurry. I already scheduled the meeting before coming here, and it's in exactly one and a half hour from now."

What?!! He's unbelievable! What if I wouldn't have agreed to go at all? How could he be so confident to schedule the meeting even before discussing about it with me.

As if understanding my thoughts, he wiggled his eyebrows and pointed towards my angel, grinning.

You are so dead today. I glared at him but we both were well aware that this is all that I could do to him in my angel's presence- Glare.

He grinned wider..and I huffed heavier!

"Fine". I sighed. I was too angry with Asher to give him a proper response.

"Angel..will you be fine here, all alone?" I asked worriedly, to my angel.

She nodded without saying anything, but her body language and expressions, said otherwise. She was fidgeting and looked nervous about something. Seeing her in this state was not proving to be of any help.

I glared at Asher angrily. If looks could kill, he would definitely be six feet under by now. But nonetheless, I walked towards the room to get ready for the 'important' meeting.

A/N

Hello my lovely readers.I am really thankful to all of you who read and love my novel. Please like, vote and comment.

You can also support me on the platform of your choice. The links are provided below:

https://www.patreon.com/pollyannish

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/pollyannish

https://ko-fi.com/pollyannish

https://gumroad.com/pollyannish

You can follow me on Facebook and Instagram:

https://www.facebook.com/pollyannish.author.3

https://www.instagram.com/pollyannish/