Chapter 12 "Shopping- Part 2"

Lucifer's P.O.V

I looked at my watch and there was still an hour left in the three hours time; I promised my angel to get back home to her. A smile unknowingly graced my face, for the fact that I will be able to spend more time with her.

I started to walk past the various stores feeling giddy with all the happiness and excitement that entered my life along with my angel, but skidded to a stop when the clothing store came into view. No matter how much I loved to see her in my clothes but she needed her clothes too. As soon as I stepped in the store, the manager of the store came running.

"M-Mr Knight. H-How may I help you sir?" he asked flabbergasted, though fear was much more evident in his voice.

It was not really his fault though. And if were some other occasion, I would have definitely found pleasure in his fear, but right now his fear and stuttering were just wasting my time. And it annoyed me to the core that if not for his terror, I could have already started to shop for my angel.

"Show him some dresses and other clothes for girls." Asher chimed in with a clear hint of amused laughter in his voice.

I glared at him, but could do nothing more than to role my eyes when he wiggled his eyebrows and mouthed 'thank me later' with a grin plastered on his face.

I turned my head towards the store manager when I heard a gasp. He looked back and forth between Asher and me with his mouth wide open and shock evident on his face, but instantly closed his mouth as soon as his eyes met my gaze. He lowered his face but still did not move even an inch. It looked as if he was glued to the floor trying to sync in the information Asher bombarded upon him.

"M-may I know the s-size of the dress that you w-want to see M-Mr. Knight?" he stuttered. Again!

"What's-" Asher started to say, giggling like a school girl but his giggles died instantly when I gave him a glare warning him to not even think of finishing whatever he was going to say to tease me.

"Umm- I-I- never mind" not knowing what to say, I waved my hand at the manager, signalling him to move aside to which he readily complied.

I headed straight to the dress section and selected a few formal and a few casual dresses, carefully seeing that not only they must look the best, but their fabric should be soft enough, to not be rough and uncomfortable against the gentle and soft skin of my angel. I also picked up a few jeans, t-shirts, sweatpants and tops.

But while selecting the clothes for her, the one thing I was always careful was to not select anything; that was too short or that could expose her skin too much. I noticed that she constantly keep stretching the t-shirts which I gave her to wear, as if that would help her cover her more, though they were already too big for her.

But it made me realize that she was conscious of the scars on her body and may be even her exposed skin. Not wanting her to be uncomfortable and conscious of anything, I carefully selected each and every clothing for her, keeping every aspect in mind.

"Mr. Knight..w-would you like to see s-some accessories a-and shoes to go along with them?" a salesgirl suggested from behind me.

I realized that I would have missed these things if not for her. I was grateful and mentally thanked her for her small yet important contribution in the shopping for my angel.

"Uh..well..okay..yeah" I followed the salesgirl towards the section filled with variety of handbags, jewellery and other stuffs. Seeing such a magnanimous display of the things-things that I never even bothered to know before, confusion got the best of me.

"May I h-help you Mr Knight?" The sales girl again came to my rescue. At that moment I was feeling so grateful to her that even her stuttering did not annoy me.

I simply nodded and she started helping me pick the accessories, shoes and also the makeup products.

For the first time ever in my entire life, I realized that shopping can be so complicated.

After I was satisfied that I purchased everything that my angel might need, at least for now, I started walking to the exit but not before telling the manager to promote the salesgirl and give her a bonus.

I reached our home and rang the doorbell. It was such a new and unknown feeling for me. Something indescribable yet capable of making me feel happiness beyond this world.

Standing at the door knowing that someone is there who is inside, waiting for you. Someone for whom you are willing to come back home. Someone who you are eager to see after the long and hectic day at work.

A feeling of giddiness swarmed in me. Happiness and exhilaration caused fluttering in the pit of my stomach.

I rang the bell again getting a bit impatient both from excitement and anxiety.

The door opened revealing my angel, sleep evident in her eyes. A yawn escaped her lips and she rubbed her eyes with the back of her hands. I was awestruck by her cuteness and wanted to hug her tightly then and there, but controlled my emotions before things could go haywire.

She gave a small smile and my lips reverted a smile of my own involuntarily.

"Hi" I said trying to control the euphoria I was currently feeling, not wanting to appear as a exuberant maniac in front of her.

"H-hi" she said in almost a whisper, but the angelic smile still present on her face. She moved to the side and I stepped inside slowly to maintain the pace with her.

I saw a glass half filled with orange juice and the cushion on the armrest of one of the couch. A smile tugged on my lips realizing that she was getting comfortable with the ambience and surroundings here, comfortable in our home.

"Were you sleeping?" I asked casually, gesturing towards the couch.

But it looked as if my casual question snapped something inside her. Just a moment ago, she was perfectly fine, even smiling. But as soon as I asked her, her calm demeanour changed to trembling, as if she was moving into a trance away from the current reality.

"I-I am so sorry. I d-didn't want to. I was getting b-bored and was also feeling a bit h-hungry, so I took the juice only, and n-nothing else. I promise. I didn't know w-when I fell asleep here. I am really s-sorry" she panicked, small tears starting to form at the edge of her eyes.

"Hey..hey it's okay. I am not at all mad at you. It's okay.. calm down" I reached by her side in quick steps and put my hands on her shoulders; hushing and patting her hair in order to calm her.

I didn't realize when I held her in my arms trying to soothe her. Her shaken form gradually calmed in my hold so I eventually let her go.

No matter how much I wanted to hold her longer, I also didn't want to push my luck. She let me calm herself and I was content with that for now. I knew that she needed time for me to take things further and I was willing to give her all the time she needs.

I made her sit on the couch and crouched near her legs to meet her eyes. She was looking at her hands that were tightly clenched into a fist on her lap, not meeting my eyes at all. Though her trembling decreased visibly but tears were still flowing from her beautiful eyes.

"Hey..look at me ang-"

I was cut off suddenly by the loud shriek of Asher who dropped all the shopping bags at the door and ran towards us, well.. more precisely, towards her.

"What did you do?" he looked at me with a death glare.

A/N

Hello all my lovely readers. It's Christmas today and New Year is just around the corner. I am overwhelmed by the love and response I am getting from all of you. As a token of my love and appreciation, I am uploading a new chapter of my book for you all to read and spend this festive season wonderfully. I hope you like my surprise gift !! And I hope you will love and support my work in the future too. LOVE YOU ALL!! ENJOY!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!