Chapter 9 "Home"

Lucifer's P.O.V

I was sitting next to my angel, and Asher on the opposite side, at the dining table. I placed a bit of every dish I prepared on her plate and poured her a glass of orange juice.

"Hey angel. Please start the breakfast." I urged her softly and passed her the spoon.

From the corner of my eyes I could see Asher gawking at me, but I didn't bother.

I never say please to anyone and never use the soft and gentle tone which I use with my angel, with anyone else. So I guess it's reasonable for him to be surprised or rather shocked. But who cares!

I waited for her to take a bite of her breakfast, to start my own. While Asher already stuffed his mouth with the sandwich and was grinning at me. I rolled my eyes at him and looked at my angel who was still just holding the spoon and had not yet started eating.

"Hey lil' one, the breakfast is really delicious. Although I had my initial doubts and wondered how can he cook such mouthwatering dishes, but trust me, its really.. really delicious. Treat your taste buds and you will see for yourself."

"Please eat something. You must be hungry" I added.

She nodded slightly and took a small bite of the scrambled eggs.

I smiled and started eating my breakfast but constantly keeping an eye for if she needs anything.

She finished the portion of eggs I placed in her plate and pushed the plate forward not touching anything else. I frowned at the fact that she ate so less. How will she get nourishment in her body if she will not eat properly. I requested her to eat some more, but she just shook her head saying; she's full.

But then I realized that she finished the eggs in her plate, while yesterday, she didn't finish even a single portion of the food placed.

"Do you like eggs?" I asked.

After a few minutes of hesitation, she slightly nodded her head. I smiled for the fact that I now know atleast one of her likes. And I will make sure to know every like and dislike of her real soon. I smiled to myself.

'I need to learn and master different dishes of eggs, to provide her a vast list of options and make her eat more.' I mentally noted.

After finishing the breakfast, I started walking behind her, to the room.

I was careful to avoid any contact with her as I knew how easily she gets scared by a mere touch, but at the same time I walked close enough so that I can help her, if she somehow stumbled, and prevent her from falling as she still had difficulty in walking.

I gave her the medicines and a glass of water to help gulp them down her throat, after making her sit comfortably by the head rest on the bed.

"You need to take rest. Umm..may be you can do something of your interest in the meanwhile. Do you have anything in mind that you want to do?" I asked though I had an idea that she will not respond and as expected she said nothing.

After scouring a number of ideas through my mind and eventually running out of them, I still didn't get any idea of what would catch her interest.

So going with the safest one, I asked "Do you want to watch a movie. I can put it up, if you want." She just nodded.

A small tight lipped smile formed on my lips, because instead of the blank responses I was receiving till now, atleast she nodded.

Considering the circumstances, it should be credited as an achievement.

I searched for a movie that would probably be of her liking but was instead racked with indecision.