Chapter 30 "I am scared!"

Lucifer's P.O.V

"You okay now?" I asked my angel after a while.

I don't know how much time went by sitting in the same position holding and comforting my angel, and I didn't even bother to know. Because to be honest I didn't care.

My angel was now much more calm and her trembling was visibly less. Her whimpers and cries that were stabbing my heart till now were now nowhere to be heard. Though she was still curled up against me, clutching my shirt in the same deathly grip, her tensed body was now relaxed and it is all that matters.

"Angel?" Not getting any response, I again called for her gently; in a low voice, not wanting to startle her in any way.

A nod against my chest was all I got, but somehow it was more than enough to know that she was fine, that she was now feeling safe..with me!

A small proud smile crept it way on my lips and subconsciously my arms that were around her, engulfed her more in my embrace.

I looked around to get her some water but the only jar and glass of water that were in the room, were now lying broken on the floor.

I instinctively loosened my arms and tried to move my body a bit back so as to get some water from the kitchen, but stopped immediately as a small whimper again hit my ears and her grip on my shirt got more deathly and tight, making me move closer to her as before.

"Hey.. Hey! It's okay. It's okay. I am here only. I just wanted to get you some water to drink." I reassured her while moving my palms in an up and down motion, as gently and soothingly as possible, on her back.

She shook her head vigorously against my chest, still not uttering a single word.

"It's okay..I am not going anywhere..but promise me that you will tell me as soon as you need anything. Okay?" I asked and again received a nod in response, though, after a moment of what seemed like a dilemma. 

But somehow this nod was more calm and gentle than the previous one, assuring me of its genuineness.

I continued to rub soothing circles on her back and caress her hair, until her breathing was completely even and her body was totally relaxed.

I didn't care how much time went by as it was not a bother for me to hold my angel in my arms and provide her the sense of safety that she was now feeling. 

'I can and I will always do it happily, for my entire life!' I gently pressed my chin on the crown of her head as the thought came to my mind.

"Ang-" I started to say as the curiosity, or more accurately; the desperation to know about her nightmares..the memories of her hellish past, so as to help her heal from them and have her tormentor in front of me as soon as possible, was magnifying by each passing second. But even before I could call her name completely, I decided against it. She was barely able to calm herself and I didn't want to ask anything that would trigger her horrid memories once again, and that too so soon.

But unfortunately she heard my incomplete attempt at calling out her name and hummed in almost a whisper; against my chest, clearly wanting me to continue whatever I was going to say.

"Was your.." I paused as I was still hesitant, not being able to comprehend whether it was the right thing to ask about her nightmares and her past, and that too when she was just able to recover from them.

I know that she asked me to continue because she didn't know about what I wanted to ask, but I doubt she would be willing to talk about it..yet.