Chapter 10 "Flip"

Angela's P.O.V

I sat on the bed by the headboard, watching the movie Lucifer put in the drive, but instinctively flinched every time; the screen showed even a bit of violence.

I was never a fan of action movies but was atleast able to watch them. But what happened in the past two years instilled a fear in me to the extent, that just thinking about someone hurting others, hitting and abusing others in any way, even loud voices when yelling, scares me to death.

When Lucifer asked me about the movie I wanted to watch and wanted to know whether I would be comfortable with an action movie, I started to feel panicky but was too scared to deny. I learned my lesson firmly, of what happens when I deny something, no matter whether I want to do it or not and I don't want to take the risk that follows. Not now, that I am far away from that hell.

Though Lucifer has not given me any reason to doubt him, atleast not yet. But that's the key point "Not Yet", and I am not courageous enough to push my luck.

Not able to bear the brutality shown in the movie, I switched off the screen and sighed as I realized that I had nothing to do. But I also didn't want to just lay idle. I moved the covers from me but winced when the movement caused throbbing sensations in my hands. Thankfully, though a dull pain is still present in my entire body due to the wounds, but it is bearable and is not as bad as I expected. 'May be due to the medicines.' I thought to myself.

After pondering about the things I can do and getting nowhere with the options, I thought about exploring Lucifer's home.

His room alone was enough to pique my interest in what the rest of his house looked like. But I was not sure about whether it would be the right thing to do. Just because Lucifer is nice to me and treats me well, doesn't mean I should roam freely in his house and give him any reason to get angry with me.

So I moved back and again sat on the bed feeling bored and anxious at the same time. After contemplating for a long time, curiosity got the best of me and I got off the bed slowly. Once I was stable on my feet, I walked out of the room, careful not to trip.

I didn't expect walking even this small distance would be so difficult, so with a bit of support from the walls along with the furniture and the other things, I started moving towards the left, down the hallway.

I saw numerous rooms that were all extremely big, though not as big as Lucifer's room; which he temporarily gave me to live in. But still every single room was bigger than my entire apartment where I used to live two years ago.

I moved down the stairs slowly and came in the foyer. After wandering through the foyer, I moved to the right wondering about the magnificence of this house. Richness and opulence was dripping from every corner.

After exploring the gym room, theater room, library, the garden area and the pool area in his backyard, I came back to the foyer, falling tiredly on the couch. I saw a room with closed doors across the foyer on one side, which I am not sure, as I didn't open the door, but I think could be his office room, and the kitchen on the other side.

Every single place in this house, every nook and cranny, screamed luxury. Not only the architecture but the interior decoration as well, one look at even the tiniest decorative piece in the house and even the blind can tell how filthy rich Lucifer is.

But despite the luxuries and all the expensive items, I could feel the loneliness in the house. The whole house was painted in just black and gray, even the decorations consisted mainly these two colors only, with a few pecks of white or brown here and there, which was no doubt classy, but it somehow felt that all the others colors were missing not only from the house, but from the owner's life as well. Though the walls of the house were graced with paintings by almost every famous artist across the world, it did not have a single family photograph except the the one which I saw on the nightstand by his bed.

Suddenly, my stomach growled bringing me back from my thoughts. I thought for a moment and moved to the kitchen to eat something. I opened the pantry and a variety of food items were on their glorious display. They were all fresh but the same time they were all too expensive.

A small tight laugh slipped from my lips unconsciously. Just a few days before I was in a place where all I got to eat was leftovers, all I got to sleep was a hard cold floor with no blankets or covers, all I got to wear was rags.

And in just a span of a few days my world changed entirely!

Here I was, not only living in a magnificently gigantic home, but also got proper clothes to wear which not only hid my body and scars but somehow also provided me a sense of protection. I got an extremely comfortable bed to sleep and be in my own world away from the harsh realities, no matter for how short; the time would be. And right now I was standing in front of the huge pantry that was filled to the brim with ingredients, most of which I don't even know the names of.

I silently laughed to myself realizing the complete flip my life took.

In the past two years I wished to die with each single passing second, as I could see no other option to end my miseries and here I was standing not only alive but safe and sound.

I hesitated to pick anything from the pantry to fill my stomach. Lucifer was already doing me a favor by letting me live in his house, when he didn't even know me. He even let me sleep in his room last night, but I can not burden him with anything else.

So I just took the orange juice carton and poured myself a glass and moved back to the couch in the foyer. While Sipping the juice I looked around, nowhere in particular and laid on the couch with the cushion under my head. The couch gave a comfortable and delicate feathery feeling, relaxing the ache in my body and I could feel my eyes drooping from sleep.

A/N

Hello my lovely readers.I am really thankful to all of you who read and love my novel. Please like, vote and comment.

You can also support me on the platform of your choice. The links are provided below:

https://www.patreon.com/pollyannish

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/pollyannish

https://ko-fi.com/pollyannish

https://gumroad.com/pollyannish

You can also follow me on:

https://www.facebook.com/pollyannish.author.3

https://www.instagram.com/pollyannish/