Chapter 51 "My Fears Can't Win Against My Will To Love My Sister"

Lucifer's P.O.V

"Is she skipping the dinner too?" Asher asked while craning to look at the room's door, which was as expected closed; leading to his disappointment.

"She didn't eat her breakfast, nor did she have her lunch." a worried sigh escaped my lips as I nodded and told him.

She didn't have a single meal for the whole day. I knew this was bad for her health and tried to talk and convince her to at least not skip her meals, but she was completely avoiding me.

During the office hours too, she barely spoke to me, and that too only when it was entirely essential to converse for some official matters.

It really hurt seeing her behaving in such a manner.. seeing her avoiding me, but what hurt more was that I was one of the reasons for her being such, and probably the bigger reason.

"I asked her to eat lunch at the cafeteria, but she refused saying that she was not hungry. And I didn't want to force her after everything she went through yesterday.." Asher paused for a moment.

"Should I go and try to convince her again?" he suddenly stood up enthusiastically and was about to dash towards the stairs, when I interrupted.

"She is asleep right now." I informed him.

"How do you know that? The door is closed and the room lights are still on!" he asked; suspiciously eying me, as he looked at the light; emitting through the windows.

"Since the day she had the nightmare, I always check on her before I go to sleep so as to make sure she is sleeping soundly." I told him the truth.

"Does she know about it?" he asked.

"Not yet."

"And what about the lights? They are still on." he inquired.

"She is scared of anything dark and thus keeps the lights of the room on, even while sleeping." I told him.

"Wait! Is that the reason why you suddenly asked the interior designers to change the color of your house to a lighter shade from your ever favorite black and gray?" he asked with a chuckle, but I could clearly sense the tease in his voice.

"Just stop it. Will you?!" I rolled my eyes, trying to sound annoyed, but the small shy smile that made its way on my lips gave me away.

"And why would I do that? Do you even have an idea how frustrating it was to guess the reason and failing continuously, for your sudden random decision of changing your favorite color and ambiance of your home to something that never interested you, not even in the slightest." he teased again.

"I even asked you so many times, but you never told me the reason and always gave vague responses." he continued teasing without giving any heed to the annoyed glare I shot at him.

"Anyway, what about her brother? Did you look for him today?" I quickly changed the subject and asked, as I put the plates in front of me back in the kitchen drawer.

"What? Are you too not going to have the dinner?" he asked, though he himself didn't touch his food till now.

"I am not quite in a mood to eat." I replied truthfully, as with my angel asleep without even having a single meal for the entire day, I was not sure if I would be able to eat anything.

"I thought of asking her for her brother's details, but she didn't seem to be herself today, so I just avoided it. Though, I am planning to ask her tomorrow." he said while sliding the plate placed in front of him, to the side.

A small sigh escaped my lips involuntarily, at his action. Though it would not a big deal for many, but for a foodie like him, I can understand how much anxious he would be, if he skipped his meal.

But who can blame him! For the first time since Cali's death, we found someone whom we can call our family.

And we could literally feel our worlds turning upside down, now that the only family of ours was upset and perplexed of everything that was going around her, even to the point of compromising with her own health.

"Ohh.. and Asher..tomorrow will you make sure that she has her breakfast. I'll not be present in the morning and go to the company early." I requested after thinking for a while.

"But there is no work scheduled for early morning tomorrow." he said, clearly confused.

"But at least she would not feel awkward by my presence and might eat something." I told him.

I wanted her to be comfortable with me just like before, I wanted her to live freely with me just like before, I wanted to eat with her, talk to her, laugh with her; just like before..but till the time when it all happens again, there was no way that I was going to compromise with her health nor was I going to force her to do something that was against her wish, no matter even if it was something as small a thing as eating meals together.

"Sure!" I smiled gratefully, as he assured me.

Asher's P.O.V

Even after standing in front of her room for the last ten minutes, I couldn't knock on the door, not even once.

I know she is not upset with me, I know that the confusion that was surrounding her right now was not directly related to me, but still, the fear of her reaction when she will finally know the entire truth of who we really are, is making my heart pound to the extent that it seems that it could burst out of my chest any minute.

I might not be the one leading a mafia, or actively having a hand in its affairs, but that doesn't lessen the fact that I am still a part of it.

I might not have used a gun or shot anybody in front of her, but I know that sooner or later, when she will want to clarify her confusion, worries and doubts about the incident that happened, I too will have to bear the consequences along with Lucifer.

The probability of her looking differently at me when she will come to know that my life is not as simple and white collared as she thinks it is, is tearing me down with trepidation and terror but what's haunting me more is the fact that there is nothing that I can do about it.

While one part of me desperately wishes for that day to never come.. ironically my other part, the logical part who is well aware that sooner or later that day will definitely come, wants that day to just come and get over with, as soon as possible.

'Get a grip Asher!' I thought to myself as I got out of the trance, and shook my head to throw away all the thoughts that I know I had no control over.

I finally have a sister now, and there was no way I was going to let her go away, just because of my own fears and insecurities.

I will cherish every single moment with her and try my best to make her understand why we are; the way we are.

It's definitely her right to choose whatever decision she wants to make, but to try my best and not give up on being her brother, to love and protect her as her brother..is my right and no matter how hard it will be, I will not cease my attempts on claiming my rights.

I will not let my fears and apprehensions win, against my will to love and cherish my sister. Never!

I blew a deep breath, gathered my thoughts, rearranged my facial expressions and finally knocked on the door with a big hopeful smile on my face.

A/N

Hello my lovely readers. Thank you so much for reading my book and for all the love and support you all are giving to it. Please like, vote and comment. 

I hope you all will like this chapter too. Please do let me know what you all think of this chapter. Your views mean a lot to me.

Love you all! Enjoy reading!