Chapter 34 "A Normal Life"

Lucifer's P.O.V

Often the replies you think can clear your confusions and pave path for your destinations, are the ones that obscure even the already clear course and blur your directions.

"What!?.. How..I mean..he..you.." To me, my angel's reply seemed as the perfect example of it, at that moment. 

Hearing her answer to my desperately asked query, I was not even able to form a single coherent sentence, let alone tell her clearly, how my mind got jumbled up in a confused mass.

But despite my incomprehensible attempt to express, she must have sensed the confusion and anxiety I was feeling, as she immediately continued as if on cue.

"For the entire two years I was held captive at that place, I was always blindfolded. Not even once I got to see anything or anyone in there. He always kept in mind to replace the blindfold regularly, and never let the cloth to wear off or get torn. But he never replaced it when I would be conscious. He did it only when I passed out from his beatings or after I was f-forced." she shivered with disgust against my chest, while her voice cracked into a silent sob at the end.

"It's okay..it's okay." I said in hope to comfort her, while rubbing soothing circles on her back.

"I only recognized him by his scent and his voice. His scent, the smell of his cigar, the disgusting way his touch made me feel, his menacing and evil voice..it-it is something that I will never be able to forget in my entire life. But other than that, I know nothing about him. And.. it scares me the most!" she continued, her voice thick and hoarse due to the painful sobs that she was clearly trying to constrain.

"I am scared Lucifer..The uncertainty of not knowing him scares me..the- the mere thought of the possibility of him being in close proximity; when I can't even recognize him..it scares me. The thought of going out of this house, meet people, it-it scares me. He-he could be standing next to me and I would not be able to identify him" she said getting more and more panicked with each word, while gripping my shirt much more tightly in fear.

"Shhh...Shhh.." I patted her hair while rubbing soothing circles on her back with my other hand, in hope to comfort her.

But ironically, though I was trying to comfort her and calm her as much as possible, my own heart was far from calm.

Since the day I found her, her injuries and burns on her body, her flinching away every time someone came close to her, her fear to eat, speak or even breathe; were enough of a proof to tell me that she was abused, but never in my dreams could I have imagined that her past was this horrid.

Her fears, her uneasiness while thinking of having to do something in return of the food she eats, her infinitesimal appetite, her obsession with clothes that cover each and every inch of her body no matter how hot the day might be, the terrified state she was in when Jasper called her 'love', the panic and shock she was in when the man with the cigar passed by at the exit of the cafe, everything..everything was now making sense.

I knew the minute I found her again, that I needed to find her tormentor..to make him pay for what he did to my angel, but after listening to everything she told me about the torments and hellish experiences she had to go through, my determination to find him and make him experience the hell where death seems like a mercy..a mercy that will never be granted to him..knew no bounds.

I thought that whenever she would open up about her past to me, I would get some substantial information on him, but I never knew that her despicable tormentor was such a craven person that despite torturing and forcing her each and every day for a whole two years, he didn't even have the courage to show his face.