Chapter 4 "You Are Safe Here"

Lucifer's P.O.V

I went to the kitchen to make some food for my angel. The doctor advised healthy timely meals, proper rest and utmost care for her to recover fast and I will make sure that it happens.

I will give her all the love and affection she deserves. I will protect her with all my might and make sure that nothing bad happens to her from now onwards.

I opened the pantry to grab the vegetables and meat. Though it was a duty of the staff and they got handsomely paid for it, but today, I was more than thankful to them; that they daily refilled the pantry with fresh ingredients, although they were never used.

I took an elaborate look at the ingredients deciding on what to prepare for my angel, The only problem being, that I have never ever cooked anything in my entire life. Infact, I don't even know how to cook anything.

Nervousness was slowly creeping inside me. This meal was practically the first impression of me; on my angel and I can't just wreck this chance.

So to be on a safer side, I opened google on my phone to browse some healthy and easy recipes. But why do they all look so complicated, although it said that these recipes were extremely easy and for beginners.

After bearing multiple burns and cuts that were proudly portraying my accomplishment, I looked complacently at the dishes I prepared.

I placed the sautéd onions, mushrooms, and handful of spinach leaves tossed in tomato salsa, pumpkin porridge and tofu salad along with the chicken noodle soup, olive tapenade and stir fried zucchini with bacon on the dining table in front of the kitchen.

"Oh my god! A Home cooked meal.. am I dreaming?" Asher said, infact almost yelled; excitedly, as he ran towards the dining table and looked at the dishes with wide eyes, his mouth wide open.

"Ahhhhh....."he shouted, rubbing his hand up and down on his arm, where I pinched him; as hard as it can get.

"No.. you are not" I said rolling my eyes at his drama..he is such a drama queen.

"And stop shouting. You will wake her up" I shushed him, pointing my finger towards my room, where my angel was resting.

He nodded understandingly but kept staring at the food.

I patted the back of his hand roughly, as he tried to grab a spoon on the table so as to sneak a bite from the food. He winced and looked towards me whining, with dissatisfied look on his face.

"Don't you dare eat anything that's on the table, until I come back with my angel." I warned him and moved towards the stairs.

I knocked on the door of my room and waited a few moments but did not hear any response from inside, not even a faint sound. The effect of the medicine must have been worn off by now and she should be conscious. Then why was she not answering? I knocked on the door again and again but still got no answer.

Panic was starting to rise in my heart, so I opened the door and started to search frantically, as she was not on the bed. The bathroom door was also closed from outside so I started to move forward in the room, and was relieved spotting my angel behind the head rest of the bed. I released the breath of relief, I didn't knew I was holding.

I walked forward but stopped immediately, when she further curled up in a ball; if that was even possible. Her body was shaking and it clear that she was extremely fearful.

It pained me so much to see her scared, and it pained much more to realize, that she was scared of me, but I ignored the hurt, my heart felt. Her comfort will always be my priority, so I took a step back and said in the most comforting tone I could manage "Don't be afraid. No one is going to hurt you. I promise. Trust me."

She looked at me through her long eyelashes, tilting her head a bit up. She relaxed a bit and eased her posture, so I took a step forward cautiously; so as to not make her scared again. I moved slowly step by step in her direction and on reaching just a few inches away from her, I crouched down to her level.

"Don't worry. No one is going to harm you here. This place is entirely safe and no one can come here without permission. You don't need to be frightened from now on by anything or anyone. I promise I will protect you with my life." I never pacified anyone before, and didn't have any idea of what to say to her, so I blurted everything out that I was feeling. And I meant every single word of what I said, especially the last part.

She looked towards me and just stared at me for few good minutes, but finally nodded slightly, before looking back down. But in that brief moment, I bet I clearly saw a mixture of trust and hope in her eyes.

I know, that although she momentarily have shown faith in me, but earning her trust and fulfilling her hope, will be completely another story. It will be a time taking task, but I was optimistic, that one day; I will be able to make her feel safe with me, both physically and emotionally. I will be able to make her feel the most loved person on this planet.

I might have to take things slow for now with her, but soon I will bring back the happiness in her eyes and smile on her face, that was present the first time I saw her. I pledged silently in my mind.

She looked at me, and then to the hoodie and the sweatpants she was now wearing, with a confused as well as a worried expression on her face.

She was looking so adorable in my clothes, that I could hardly remove my gaze from her. I bet I looked like a creep right now; staring at her, but she looked so endearing; that i just couldn't help it. Although this was the smallest clothing I owned, but it was still extremely large for her small and petite figure.

"Maria, the head of the cleaning staff changed your clothes." I said quickly.

Relief flashed across her face and she nodded in understanding. She started to get up, but stumbled and was about to fall, when I held her and supported her body in my arms.

She felt so good in my arms that I could have stood there with her in my arms, closed against my body, for eternity. But I quickly shoved away the thoughts, when she frantically started struggling, trying to get free from my arms. Tears started falling down her cheeks and she kept sobbing while still trying her best to get away from my hold.

"P-please.. please don't" I heard her say in between her sobs. I could not understand why she panicked all of a sudden, but then it clicked. My holding her, must have triggered something that made her recall the memories of her past. Something really really bad, that caused her to be in such a terrified state.

A wave of blind rage flushed through me, seeing my angel like this. I swear; I will make her tormentor pay thousand folds for every single thing he did to my angel. I will make sure that he begs to me to end his miserable life..to grant him death, but death will be too easy of an option for him .Whenever I get my hands on him, I will ensure that he lives every single day of his life; worse than death. I will make his life worse than a living hell.

"Hey..it's me..you are safe here..no one is going to hurt you in any way" I told her repeatedly, after pulling my arms and moving a step back, to reassure her of her safety.

After making sure she was calm and standing stably, I sighed in relief.

"The food is ready downstairs. I will wait outside the room, while you can take a shower and then we will go together to have the dinner." I said giving her a small smile, that hopefully will reassure her and make her trepidation drain down the pipe.

After a few moments, she hesitantly gave a small nod and quickly moved towards the bathroom. She hurriedly closed it's door, as if she was still not completely out of her panic state.

After she went inside and I heard the sound of the door being locked, I moved to my closet to look for something for her to wear; when she comes out. I placed another set of my clothes on the bed for her to wear, and moved outside the room to wait for her, slowly closing the door behind.

A/N

Hi everyone. Thanks to all of you who liked and supported my story till now. Please don't forget to click on the Star icon below to Vote and share my story to your friends. Please feel free to give any suggestions you have for the story, in the comment section below.