Chapter 46 "The Wrong Decision"

Angela's P.O.V

Will I finally be able to meet him today? What would I say to him? What would I ask him? Where was he for the past two years? Did he look for me? Why didn't he try to contact me? Why is his cell phone unreachable? Did he change his number?

Countless questions flooded my mind as I walked though the alley towards my home.

As I reached closer to my place, my steps; weighed down by the memories of my past, were getting slower, but just the thought of meeting him, confronting him, somehow kept me going.

I raised my fist in order to knock on the door, but somehow the knock was so weakened by my fear, that even I could hardly hear the sound.

How I wish I had told Lucifer to come.. But I instantly shook off the regret as it was too late for that.

I knew that no matter how, I have to do it. I have to face my fears. I have to face him. I have to make him answer all my questions!

So I blew out a deep breath hoping that it would take some of my anxiety away with it, but on the contrary when all it did was enhance my fear, I just closed my eyes, shook my head, blew off a breath again and without even opening my eyes, I just knocked on the door with my sweaty fists, with as much might as I could gather.

I was expecting the door to be locked and even thought that I might have to break it open, but to my utter shock, not only did it open in one go when I knocked on it forcefully, the entire inside of the house still had every single imprint of my struggle that I had that day; two years ago. 

Now matter how hard I was trying at the moment to be courageous and move further inside to look out for him, to scream his name so as to call out for him, I felt as if my feet just froze at the view, my voice just got stuck in my throat and my heart could burst out any moment.

Just looking at the house was enough to know that he was not here, but the memories that started flashing in front of my eyes as soon as I set foot inside the door, were enough to freeze my entire being to the extent that I couldn't even turn back and run.

I knew that it was all in the past but it didn't help lessen the terror I was feeling, not even a bit.

I thought that I could manage being at the place where it all started and face it courageously, but I guess thinking of facing the fears and actually having to face them are two entirely different things.

Suddenly, the land line rang causing my frozen state to disconcert and the scream stuck in my throat to finally release as a shriek.

But how is this thing even working? Judging by the looks of the house, it is clear that he never came to live here in the past two years..I bet he never even visited. 

Then how could the land line that should have been disconnected long ago was ringing right now!?

I thought of picking up the receiver, but instantly shook off the idea as the fear of what could be on the other side weighed much more.

Thankfully the fear that seeped in me as the ringing hit my ears, also brought some valor along with it; helping me to turn back and try to run. But before I could even take a step forward, the land line ringed again.

"I missed you too love! I knew you would come back to me!" I don't know why I decided to pick up the receiver when I knew for certain that whatever the call had to offer would not be good, though honestly, I didn't expect it to be this bad either. 

But no matter what, I immensely regretted it, as I immediately knew that it was the most idiotic decision I could have ever taken.

Hearing the voice I wished I would never hear again, my eyes widened to the maximum in fear, all the strength I had vanished in a puff, my legs gave up on me and I stumbled back on my own foot. 

I instinctively jerked the receiver of the phone out of my hand and barely managed myself to prevent from falling.

I definitely should have asked Lucifer to come with me. Late or no late, I undoubtedly regret it. If only he could be here.!

I immediately gathered myself and darted off out of the room as fast as I could. I know I made the biggest mistake by coming to this place again, alone... and I just wanted to rectify it as soon as possible.

I wanted to be out of 'his' sight as far I could, I wanted to be somewhere 'he' could never see me again, somewhere 'he' could never talk to me again, somewhere 'he' could never threaten me again in any way.

I wanted to be somewhere where I knew that he would not dare to touch me again, somewhere; where I could feel safe.. somewhere with Lucifer!

I ran in the alley as my life depended on it which in this case, it definitely did. My legs were giving up on me, but just the sight of the end of the alley was enough to keep me going.

As soon as I reached the end of the alley, though I didn't want it, I skidded to a halt, as one more step and I knew my lungs would run out of oxygen.

I bent forward and rested my hands on my knees, as I took a few deep breaths to pull in as much oxygen as I could, since I knew that I would need it for sure to get out of this place.

"Watch out!" Suddenly it felt like not only all the oxygen that I was trying to take in, filled my lungs, but the strength that betrayed my body and escaped the first chance it got, also recouped.

I instantly looked up in the direction where the voice came from, and a broad smile automatically made its way on my lips as now not only was I able to listen to the voice that made me feel the most safe, but I could also see the source of it- Lucifer!

I instinctively turned to face him and relief washed over me as I saw him rushing towards me. By each passing second I could see him come nearer and could feel the relief in my heart to amplify.

But where on one hand, the happiest relief filled smile graced my face on seeing him, on the other hand fear was imprinted on his face as he looked towards me.

"Watch out!" he yelled again and my eyes widened in horror, as I followed his gaze to see the source of his fear. 

He was not looking at me. He was looking behind me.

I instinctively closed my eyes in fear, awaiting for my fate that seemed inevitable, but deep down hoping for some.. any miracle to happen!

A/N 

Hello my lovely readers. Thank you so much reading my book and giving it your valuable time, love and support. 

Please do tell me what you think of this chapter. I would love to hear your views. 

And please like, vote and comment if you like it. 

Love you all! Enjoy reading!