Chapter 29 "A promise by me.. for me"

A/N

Hello my lovely readers. Thank you so much for all the love and support you have shown to my book. This chapter is dedicated to @riyaparbin, @grayybai, @VagishaSrivastava and @Sanjanasharma307Love you all..

Lucifer's P.O.V

Thud!

As soon as I entered our room, the state that I saw my angel in caused my hold on the tightly gripped bag in my hand to loose, and before I could even realize, and it fell on the floor with a loud thud. But I couldn't care less. 

Without even sparing a glance at the fallen bag, I immediately ran towards the bed where she was wriggling on the bed, while continuously murmuring something. 

I immediately wiped the beads of sweat that were glistening on her forehead and tried to shake her shoulders as gently as possible to wake her up. 

I didn't want her to get startled and more frightened than she already was, but I didn't want her to live her nightmare anymore; either.

"Hey..Hey..Angel.." I said as I wiped off the tears that were now falling through her closed eyes. 

But judging from the way she continued to murmur; without stopping from trembling and wriggling for even a second, it was clear that my voice which I so desperately wished that reached through her and make her feel relax and safe, could not pass even the entrance of the painful memories which she was living right now through her nightmare.

"Please! Please stop! No! Please no! Stop! Please!" Her heart wrenching cries entered my ears making me feel more and more helpless. 

The desperation in her pleas and cries made it clear that whatever she was experiencing right now through her dreams were much more than mere nightmares.

"Shhh..Shhh..It's okay..It's okay.." Though seeing the pain and fear that was imprinted not only on her face but her whole demeanor, was making it impossible for me to control my own anger and anguish that followed, I somehow repeated once again in the softest and the most comforting tone I could manage at that time.

But with each passing second it seemed that her nightmare was getting worse, as not only her murmured cries and pleas were now much more clear, her trembling and wriggling was also now starting to convert into thrashings and much severe violent struggles.

In no time, her hands and legs violently started to flail and flounder, hitting the clock on the nightstand as well as the jar of water beside the bed. 

Seeing no other choice but to restrain her forcibly so as to prevent her getting any injuries from her thrashings, I held her wrists in a tight grip and pushed her firmly on the bed, while holding back her squirming legs; firmly with my own.

But somehow, though on one hand while my action helped prevent her from getting any injury, on the other hand it seemed that it made the situation worse. Subconsciously, her struggles were now filled with much more force and desperation, as if she was utilizing all her strength to break free.

"Hey..Hey..Angel..Wake up..Wake up.." I again pleaded in a gentle yet firm voice, but judging by the way her body was still tossing and turning under my hold in a fierce and vigorous way, it was clear that my voice not reaching her, even in the slightest.

By each passing second, the situation was getting worse and my grip was indispensably getting tighter. 

Realizing that my voice and my actions were proving to be of no use in bringing my angel back into consciousness, I was getting more concerned of not hurting her myself due to the pressured tight grip with which I was forced to constrain her.