Chapter 38 "A Fresh Start"

Angela's P.O.V

'Stupid! Brainless! An impulsive idiot!' as soon as I reached my room, I cursed myself mentally, as I closed the door and leaned against it.

Anger, guilt, repentance, remorse flooded through me, as I rued my impetuous act of prying into the personal space of the two people who were there for me when I had no one..the two people who stood by me no matter what, at my most vulnerable moments..they were more of a family to me than my own, and I..I scraped the scars that clearly pained them to the extent that neither of them seemed to be able to cope up with.

"How could I do this to them?" I subconsciously murmured while banging my head with the thumb of my fisted hands.

Both of them; again and again tried to ease my guilt and said that it was not my fault..that I did nothing wrong as I wasn't even aware of the effects of my curiosity on them, but that doesn't erase the fact that though it was unintentional, I still gave them pain, when all I received from them was nothing but compassion and the will to live again.

"Angel..please open the door." before I could curse myself anymore, Lucifer's voice entered my ears after a gentle knock on the door, subconsciously easing the clench of my fists.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, as the earnestness and the worry that laced his voice made me realize that not only did I make a mistake earlier; by hurting him, I once again was doing the same to him, by being selfish.

It was me who hurt him..it was me who reminded him of the pain he probably buried deep down in his heart and may be even forgot, yet once again, it was him who pushed everything behind and was here, worried; trying to get me out of my sulking self.

I immediately turned and opened the door, not only finding an extremely worried Lucifer, but also an immensely anxious Asher, who was raising his fist as if ready to knock on the door.

Lucifer's P.O.V

Relief washed over me, as soon as I saw her open the door. 

For the first time today, she looked like she was ready to move on from the painful memories of her dreadful past. When I came back home, she was genuinely happy. 

She looked like she was finally ready to leave every scar and pain behind, and wanted to live a 'happy and normal life' just like she wished last night.

And I can not let her sulk back into distress, just because of my incapability to control my emotions over something; that was not even her fault.

"You okay?" I asked her to which she nodded, but immediately darted her eyes towards the floor, probably still blaming herself.

Worry and anxiety were growing inside me with each passing second, as I didn't want her to go back into the shell she made around her. I didn't want her to again build the walls around her and hide her feelings..her fears, her emotions behind that wall; which I was finally able to put a dent into, last night.

As if sensing my disquietude, she slowly looked at me and gave me a small yet assuring smile, causing a small smile of my own to form on my lips as relief coursed through me, seeing the truthfulness in her eyes.

"I-" she turned to face Asher, but before she could even start apologizing to him, he cut her off.

"Don't!" He lovingly scolded her.

"I don't call you my sister just for the sake of calling. I really mean it. And it gives you every right to ask me anything, know about me.."he said after releasing a deep breath, and paused "..or even irritate and annoy me" he completed with a wink.