LEVEL 15

Dreams

Hold onto dreams. For if dreams die, life is like a broken winged bird that cannot fly. Hold fast to dreams. For when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.

 For when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow

[17th of March 2020]

Taehyung was stroking Jihyo's hair on this cold evening, the air light as the sky was clear, but the same couldn't be said about their futures, filled with uncertainty and worry, clouding their minds.

The bright stars shone upon the couple as their faces sparkled in the eyes of the moon, true starlights on earth. But their faces weren't happy nor sad, but calm and content, as if they were meant to be like this.

Taehyung felt at ease when his skin would come in contact with hers, bringing a certain amount of happiness to the young boy who continued to stare at the stars in the sky, wondering if there was perhaps a star watching over him.

Jihyo on the other hand displayed a feeling of confusion and worry, wishing for the stars to bring her mind clarity as her own judgement couldn't provide the answers to her complicated questions anymore.

"What is on your mind?" Taehyung asked the young girl, but she remained silent as she continued to watch the stars, hoping that they would give her a sign.

Jihyo had a tough choice to make that could influence her density, her happiness and future. She needed guidance, and hoped the stars would somehow give her the direction she needed to know what to do.

"Isn't it beautiful?" She asked the boy as he looked at the stars again.

"It is" He said as he admired the sight in front of him, whether that were the stars shining in the sky or the lady in his arms didn't matter.

"Do you think our destiny is written out for us?" She asked him as he frowned, thinking deeply about her question.

"I'm not sure, I think we write our own destiny to be fair" He answered as she turned to look at him.

"What would you want to be yours?" She asked him as the boy stared at the stars in the sky, perhaps looking for similar answers.

"Happiness" He answered as the girl smiled.

"But I already have that, which means I may have fulfilled my destiny already" The boy said as the girl chuckled at his answer.

"Happiness comes and goes, don't you have dreams?" She asked him as he smiled.

"I want to make it to university" The boy stated as the girl frowned.

"You changed your mind?" She asked him as he nodded.

"Perhaps I should start to work on my destiny" He stated as the girl chuckled.

"What about you?" He asked her as her smile faltered.

"You have dreams right?" He asked her as the girl looked up at the stars again.

That's when one sparkled brighter then before, shining brightly in the sky, the brightest star of all. It fell, it left the other stars to live its life somewhere else, unintentionally providing the girl the answer she needed.

"Yes, I have dreams"