LEVEL 12

Sadness

We are all so different, and yet so much the same. Everyone, in some way or another, will experience a kind of pain. To others, invincible, to me, visible through your eyes, as a smile tells one nothing when the eyes say a thousand words.

[28th of June 2019]

[28th of June 2019]

The lunch table is filled with laughter and smiles as everyone seems to be enjoying themselves. Everyone but one. This didn't go by unnoticed, her faint smiles and red eyes can be seen from a mile away, but no one dared to ask.

No one, but one.

"Jihyo, do you know what's up with Y/N?" Taehyung asks the girl as she stops eating for a moment to glance at her dear friend, her smile faltering as she sees her state.

"Uhm, she got a low grade in Math, she has been upset about it all morning" Jihyo says, but something is off about that statement.

"A low grade? But she seems really upset, are you sure it's just about a low grade?" Taehyung asked Jihyo as he kept glancing at the sad girl who didn't have a lot to say.

"Y/N is under a lot of pressure, you won't understand" Jihyo states as she tries to brush it off, knowing that she cannot tell the real reason her friend is upset, she promised her to keep it a secret.

"What do you mean? Are her parents pressuring her?" Taehyung asks Jihyo who seems to be getting slightly tipped off by all of the questions, especially when he brought up Y/N's parents.

"Taehyung just leave it" Jihyo states as she glances at Y/N, sending her a sweet smile whilst she continues eating.

But Taehyung wasn't just going to let this go. He may not like Y/N or enjoy her presence, but seeing her like this makes him worried. He is a caring person and even though he does not particularly care for her, he wouldn't want her to be hurting.

"I mean, if her parents are pressuring her about grades I can help her? I may not be the most motivated student, but you know I'm intelligent and stuff" Taehyung explains but Jihyo just sighs.

"Taehyung I asked you to leave it alone, so please do" Jihyo stated firmly as Taehyung frowned.

"Why are you getting upset about it?" He asks her as she sighs.

"I'm not, it's just that you keep on bringing it up" Jihyo explained.

"She is right there, it's not nice to talk about her like this" Jihyo stated as Taehyung sighed.

"I'm just concerned" He said as he poked in his food, feeling weird about Jihyo's behaviour.

"As I recall, the last time we talked about my best friend like this, you had some rather harsh things to say about her" Jihyo said with an angry expression, clearly upset by the fact that Taehyung has never made an effort with Y/N.

"Jihyo that was different, she wasn't being a good friend to you" Taehyung stated as Jihyo scoffed.

"Like you know anything about my friendship with Y/N" Jihyo says as Taehyung frowns.

"Just because I'm upset with her does not make her at fault, it does not make her a bad friend" Jihyo states as Taehyung sighs.

"I just wanted to know why she was upset, I don't like seeing her upset you know" Taehyung stated as Jihyo chuckled.

"Why do you even care, it's not like you like her right?"