8

If you end up liking this chapter kindly consider giving it a vote! Enjoy, and leave a comment to let me know what you think! Make sure to follow me if you want to receive updates and be the first one to read my new chapters!

[4th of September 2020]

Taehyung POV

Slashes of broken light, daylight's fading sight. Great, soft, dark entity - drops of ancient de-light. Moonlit shadow creeps, among keen candle-light, winkling kindly as is matched by sheer number of stars.

Beneath us, constellations, far away, a galaxy withers, twinkling the night sky... A breeze among the trees and the humming of the winds carries a song of night as they are premonitions for tomorrow.

But soon enough, with gradual blur into the abyss of sleep I faded...

Well, that's what I hoped for, to fade into the darkness of sleep as I closed my eyes. But the more I tried to fall into that abyss, the more I tend to fail, which is exactly what happened to me last night.

But I value my sleep, it's truly the only moment where I can escape my thoughts and travel to some place special, a place where my happiness is fulfilled, a place where there is no cruelty, just freedom.

I close my eyes. An entire world comes before my closed eyes. I get so lost in the worlds I create and the worlds that are not mine. Magic springs forth Bravery manifests within me. Everything in my reality disappears as I sink into places that do not exist.

Do I have to open my eyes again?

I don't want to leave. I don't want to face the cruelty the awaits me when I open my lids. I suppose I will sleep. At least it is close enough to any form of happiness, an escape that I desire, an escape that I need.

But that was not granted to me tonight, in fact, I didn't sleep much at all. My thoughts had been occupied with some interesting information that I received yesterday from perhaps the most unexpected person.

I sigh and rub my eyes, sitting up in my bed as I accept the fact that I'm going to have to get up and get stuff done. I look around my room and see that I'm alone, to my delight actually as I didn't want to utter a single word during the coming hour.

Not that I'm an anti-social person, it's the fact that I'm going to have to explain myself, explain where I was, what I was doing last night and why I was home as late as I was, questions I couldn't specifically find any answers for.

I went out to get myself some dinner and ended up spending most of my evening with a person I thought I despised, a person I thought hated me for all the right and wrong reasons, a person I never thought I could have a normal conversation with.

But yet, I enjoyed myself, I enjoyed spending time with this specific person. I enjoyed how I was laughing and smiling through the awkward tension, yet, pleasant atmosphere. I enjoyed how I was able to talk about my troubles freely without judgement.