LEVEL 13

Forgetting

So easy like the slip of a foot on a rain glossed stone. So hard like a palm tree curling under occasional wind.

[10th of August 2019]

"Tae! Pass me that beer would you?" Jungkook shouts as Jimin widens his eyes.

"Not so loud!! The neighbours can't know we are drinking Jungkook!" Jimin shouts as Taehyung just laughs, passing Jungkook the beer he desired.

It was a hot summer afternoon and the friends needed to cool themselves during this summer holiday. Jimin is the only one with a pool, which automatically qualified him to be the one having everyone over.

Most of their classmates were invited and everyone seemed to be having fun. Taehyung was even enjoying himself despite the fact that Jihyo wasn't here. She was spending her summer break abroad with her family.

"Hey Y/N! Did you bring any sunscreen lotion?" Jungkook asks Y/N to which she tosses him the bottle.

"Ah that's great thanks a lot!" He states as the girl chuckles.

Taehyung usually isn't really for hanging out with Y/N, but everyone is present and things seem to be going rather well. She is joking around with everyone and has been nothing but nice to Taehyung today, making him relieved.

"What are you smiling about?" Y/N questions Taehyung as he chuckles.

"Just enjoying myself" He states as she takes a seat next to him.

"Don't you miss Jihyo?" He asks the girl but she chuckles.

"Of course I do, but I'm having fun" She says as he nods.

"Besides, she is always coming back" She jokes as Taehyung laughs.

"Guys, join me on the picture! It's for the gram" Jungkook states as Taehyung and Y/N join in with a smile, waiting for the picture to be taken as they stand next to each other.

"Alright it's up!" Jungkook states as Y/N chuckles, causing Taehyung to take a good look at her.

Even though every girl around here is wearing some sexy bikini, Y/N is wearing a bright red bathing suit, not showing too much, but definitely standing out from the crowd. She wasn't wearing a lot of make up either.

It made Taehyung smile a little, Y/N never cares what people think of her and he admires that, she doesn't need any of that. But that smile was replaced with a confused expression when his phone started ringing.

Jihyo.

"Hey babe, what is up?" He asks her as the girl on the other line chuckles.

"Why do you ask that? Does something need to be wrong in order for me to call?" The girl asks.

"No, it's just, you told me you wanted to call me after dinner, which makes me wonder why you're calling me now?" He questions as Jihyo sighs.

"No specific reason really, I just wanted to know if you're having fun" She asks the boy who chuckles.

"Yes I am actually, we're having a little pool party at Jimin's place right now" The boy explains as she sighs.

"Yeah, I saw it on Instagram" She states as Taehyung smiles.

"Just promise you won't forget about me whilst I'm gone" She says as the boy chuckles.

"It isn't funny Taehyung, promise me" She asks as Taehyung sighs with a smile.

"I promise, I'll never forget about you"