17

If you end up liking this chapter kindly consider giving it a vote! Enjoy, and leave a comment to let me know what you think! Make sure to follow me if you want to receive updates and be the first one to read my new chapters!

[11th of December 2020]

Taehyung POV

One night I saw a snowflake fall. Past memories it did recall. And as the snow fell to the ground, so quietly without a sound, I watched until a blanket made, to glistening white - brown earth did fade.

An untouched cover until the dawn. The sun arose; it was soon gone. I thought of friendships in the past. Seemed perfect though they did not last. And family ties once meant so much, now rarely do we keep in touch.

So quickly life can take a turn, yet slowly we do seem to learn. So many things in life can change and suddenly be rearranged. In our slumber while we do sleep, for granted blessings thought to keep.

For same as night does turn to morn, an untouched blanket can get torn, the things that we have overlooked, ignored, rejected or mistook, as melted snow does turn to slush, relationships can turn to dust.

So this year for the holiday, praise God for blessings given today. Don't take for granted they'll remain, that life forever will be the same. Let's be the most that we can be, for all our friends and family.

Unlike the snowflake on the ground, let's keep in touch and stay around.

I glanced at the snowflakes falling down on the ground as the shimmering of the sun caused them to beam brightly on this morning. The green grass slowly turning white as winter was finally arriving.

I smiled to myself as I glanced at the suitcase in front of me. The clothes spread across my dorm room, bathroom essentials spread across my bed and this scent of clean soap. It truly felt like I was leaving for a holiday.

In fact, I kind of was. In a week I would be heading home for the Christmas holidays and I couldn't be more excited. I was finally able to see my family again, to visit that boring town I used to call home.

Even though most of us who leave resented that town, I can't help but feel grateful for everything that is has offered me in life. I met my best friends in that town, I had fun, I had my first drink there, got beaten up for the first time, I kissed a girl for the first time.

I fell in love in that town.

My smile turns slightly sour as I think of it. That town holds every memory I have of Jihyo, the girl I thought I loved. As I look back at my life there, I can't help but feel my stomach turn, thinking about everything I went through with her.

I feel weird, betrayed, yet, happy. Yes, I know, how could you possibly feel happy about the fact that most of the memories you carry of your time there are with Jihyo. Well, it makes me happy to know that this isn't my life anymore, that it is in fact my past.