19

If you end up liking this chapter kindly consider giving it a vote! Enjoy, and leave a comment to let me know what you think! Make sure to follow me if you want to receive updates and be the first one to read my new chapters!

[11th of December 2020]

Taehyung POV

I thought it was what I wanted. You promised me it was.
You took me in your arms and told me it was love.

I knew it wasn't right, and I wanted it to stop.
You told me not to worry. My efforts were for naught.

You told me it's okay, that everything is fine,
That what we had together was something more divine.

You said we'd never part, and so I made my choice.
I went against my heart and listened to your voice.

And like a child, I heard you, and like a slave, I obeyed,
And like a fool, I believe in part that you meant what you say.

But now I'm left all by myself, a flower trying to stand tall.
But to no avail; I push myself
For my petals just wilt and fall.

After all this time, to see her smug face standing there in front of me, I froze. Not quite knowing how to react, what to do and what to feel. My first love, the girl I believed to be perfect and beautiful.

Yet, the only memories I can gather from our experiences together seem to be in vain, like they were never even real. Like a dream, wanting it to be true, yet, the cruel realisation that we were in fact living in a nightmare, unable to escape.

At least, I thought I managed to escape the nightmare. The moment I followed my heart and gave it one more chance at love, one more chance to find happiness and end this cruel game once and for all; with Y/N.

Yet, here I sit, feeling emptier than ever.

Perhaps I was childish, to walk away from Y/N like that and say the words I said. However, I can't help it, that woman who I believed to be my past, the nightmare I thought had ended, stood right there, bringing out the worst in me; Jihyo.

The sudden pain I felt, the rage creeping up inside of me, seeing her face after all this time, it made me become someone I thought I was not, someone I thought I left in the past. Perhaps I haven't quite changed after all.

Perhaps I'm still the same, blind and foolish boy I always was.

"Bottoms up Tae!" Jungkook shouted, causing me to widen my eyes, realising I've been daydreaming once again.

I looked at the shot in front of me, already feeling a wave of nausea building up inside of me. I truly don't like shots, alcohol like wine or beer is fine with me, a cocktail from time to time can't hurt anyone, but shots, it will be the death of me.