LEVEL 1

Attraction

Pay me no mind mister as I sneak glances at you, and trace your eyes with mine.

[24th of November 2014]

"Can you believe how big this school is?" Jihyo asks Y/N.

"I know right? It's nothing like I imagined..." Y/N says as she is staring across the hallway.

Jihyo and Y/N have started attending high school a couple of days ago and still can't seem to get used to the massive building. Everything is different from primary school, everything has changed.

"Even the boys are more handsome" Jihyo states as Y/N widens her eyes.

"Don't say that!! You know I'm shy around boys" Y/N whispers to her friend as Jihyo chuckles.

"You don't have to be! Every single boy in our year is looking at you" Jihyo states as Y/N blushes.

"Well, you know I am not good at talking to boys..." Y/N says as Jihyo sighs.

"It's high school!! You can be a new person around here" Jihyo says, trying to give her friend some confidence.

"Just know, I'll be by your side no matter what" Jihyo says.

"I promise" she adds as Y/N smiles.

"I promise too" Y/N responds as they continue walking through the halls.

"Hey guys! Wait up!" A girl states as Y/N turns around to take a good look at her.

"Oh, hey Joy" Jihyo says in a rather unamused tone, causing Y/N to frown.

"Can I walk to class with you guys? We have the same lesson and I'm still kind of lost" She says.

Just as Jihyo wanted to protest against it, clearly annoyed with the girls presence, Y/N poked her shoulder. Jihyo glared at her best friend but sighed as she knew what Y/N was hinting at. Trying to be nice.

"Sure, why not" Jihyo said as the girl squealed, quickly following the two popular friends.

As they walk, they spot this group of first year boys like themselves. They are laughing together and having some fun, bringing a smile to Y/N's face as she admires them, unintentionally blushing a little.

"Why are you getting all shy?" Jihyo asks her as she follows Y/N's gaze, falling upon the fellow first years.

"Oh I see" Jihyo states with a smirk.

"They are handsome right?" Jihyo says as Y/N just looks down.

"Well tell me, who do you fancy??" Joy asks her eagerly as Y/N blushes some more.

"Well, see that guy over there?" Y/N asks as she points to one of the guys.

"Kim Taehyung?" Jihyo asks as Y/N nods.

"He is very cute actually..." Y/N says with a blush.

"Oh you poor thing" Joy states as Y/N frowns, confused with her sudden statement.

"Out of all the guys, you fancy him?" Joy asks her as Y/N shyly nods.

"He is into Sarah, we heard him talking about her all the time during class..." Jihyo says as Y/N looks down in disappointment.

"Really?" Y/N asks her friend as Jihyo nods.

"I know, total mistake, you're much cuter" Jihyo states as Y/N giggles, but soon stops as sadness takes over, causing Jihyo to give her a sad smile.

"Why do you have to fancy the only guy in this school who isn't into you?" Jihyo asks her as Y/N looks down.

"I was just trying to find someone unique, someone special" Y/N states as Jihyo gives her a soft smile.

"Well, we're going to be here for six years, plenty of time to find the right guy right?" Jihyo states as she embraces her friend.

"Yeah, exactly" Y/N states in disappointment as Joy gives her a sad smile.

But that lingering attraction, that feeling, it doesn't yet leave Y/N. The gazes, the stares, the whispers. Even though she may only be twelve, crushes can say a lot, they don't just leave you with age or time, in fact...

That attraction may linger forever...