11

If you end up liking this chapter kindly consider giving it a vote! Enjoy, and leave a comment to let me know what you think! Make sure to follow me if you want to receive updates and be the first one to read my new chapters!

[18th of September 2020]

Taehyung POV

Two weeks.

It has been two weeks since Y/N saw me for what I was, for the person that I used to be. Two weeks since she confronted me about my past actions, something she always shrugged off in the past.

Two weeks since I last talked to her.

Her absence in my life has been a lot harder than I thought it would be, in fact, I find myself in a place where I experience the constant feeling of guilt lingering over me, like a virus really, refusing to rid itself from my body and mind.

Perhaps I deserve to feel this way, after all, everything Y/N said to me was true. Everything she pointed out was correct, the things I said about her in the past are perhaps even more horrid than she thinks they are.

She was right, right to shout at me, right to point out how much of a terrible person I have been to her over the past few years. She is right not to trust me and allow me to become her friend, but she was wrong about one thing.

I did really want to be her friend.

Perhaps my intentions have been masked before as I constantly asked her about Jihyo. I may have given her the impression that I only talked to her because she was the closest thing I could ever have to Jihyo.

And even though there is some truth to that, it is not just the reason why I talked to her, why I wanted to get to know her, why I wanted to be her friend. In fact, it has become so much more than that.

Y/N is the opposite of what I made her out to be during our time in high school. She is kind, caring, she has a beautiful soul, she is funny, eye-catching. She is a beautiful person with an unique character.

But I let her down, and all she needed was a little reminder to see that once again. I understand why she feels this way, I understand why she thinks a friendship between the two of us is impossible.

However, I don't see things this way. I had my judgements about Y/N in the past, but she has proven me wrong as I got to know her better. Her intentions for Jihyo have always been pure, much more so than I could have ever imagined.

With that being said, perhaps she will see one day that her judgements of me based on the picture she painted in her head in high school aren't accurate either, perhaps she will see me for what I really am.

However hard that may be.

Over the past few weeks, she has avoided me, never crossing my path whatsoever. Whenever I would be out with my friends, she would leave. Whenever I tried to come up to her and talk to her, she would pretend not to see or hear me.