LEVEL 19

Whispers

What be divided among those with no nought to divide. What bones be broken by those with no spine. What whispers in the wind among those with no voice. What path lies ahead for those with no choice?

 What path lies ahead for those with no choice?

[5th of June 2020]

"Our prom king is Kim Taehyung!" The girl who is holding the mic announces, causing the crowd to cheer as Taehyung smiles to himself.

He kisses Jihyo, giving her a little smirk as he knows she will be up there with him in a second. He parts from her and makes his way towards the stage, earning several congratulations from his fellow classmates.

It was the last prom for the senior students, meaning it would be a special and nostalgic night. For most of them, it would be one of the last moments to spend some quality time together before they would graduate.

And with prom night, a prom king and queen are crowned, somewhat of a tradition in their school. As usual, taking takes the stage again for the 3rd time in a row, only missing out during his first few years in High School.

Jihyo would be by his side every year, taking the stage together and being crowned together. That's why Taehyung was confident that that would be the case once again this year, why wouldn't it?

But how wrong he was.

"And our prom queen this year is..." The girl said as she glanced at the golden paper, a bright smile appearing on her face as she read the name.

"Y/N!!!" She shouted in the mic as the crowd looked shocked, just like Taehyung.

Everyone started to cheer out of happiness, clearly very happy that Y/N was chosen as the prom queen, causing Taehyung to become a little confused. Sure, Y/N is popular, but she never even signed up to be a candidate.

Y/N in fact, was more shocked than anyone, not knowing what was going on. She never applied to be prom queen or opposed herself to be a nominee. She wondered how this was possible, did someone else sign her up?

She shyly made her way towards the stage as everyone cheered for her or congratulated her, feeling a little bit weird. Her eyes met Jimin's for a moment, who gave her a cheeky smile. Y/N figured out that he might have signed her up this year.

Jimin gave her a thumbs up as she rolled her eyes, quickly making her way up the stage. As the girl walked over to Y/N to crown her, her eyes met Taehyung's who seemed to be somewhat unimpressed by the fact that he had to share the stage with Y/N instead of Jihyo.

Y/N understood, she more than anyone wished to disappear right now, but it was too late for that. She awkwardly smiled at the girl and stood next to Taehyung, posing for the pictures that were taken.

Taehyung himself decided to suck it up, knowing there is nothing he can do about it now. He didn't want to ruin Y/N's night because he wasn't satisfied with the results, therefore showing his best smile and trying to be nice to her.

At least, he tried, until a frown appeared on his face as he listened to the crowd who was going slightly silent. People were whispering to each other, showing their phones to their friends and glancing at the stage.

People started to point fingers at the two crowned seniors at the stage, looking rather shocked as Taehyung had absolutely no idea what was going on. What was happening? Why were people pointing fingers all of a sudden.

When they finished taking the pictures, they carefully made their way down the stage. Y/N had noticed the stares too and feared the worst, quickly taking out her phone as Taehyung could only watch what she was about to do, patiently waiting for someone to explain what was going on.

Y/N's face went pale as she stared at her phone, tears brimming in her eyes. Taehyung's heart ached as he watched the girl become completely silent, like her soul just got sucked out of her body.

He walked over to her and looks her in the eyes, until his eyes shift to her phone to see what was going on. But when he saw, he widened his eyes, not knowing what to say. It was a picture of the two of them at the party last week.

They were laughing with each other and it looked like they were having a lot of fun, something quite out of character for the two of them. Taehyung glanced at the caption of the post and frowned, not believing what it said.

'It appears, when Taehyung is intoxicated, Y/N makes her move on her best friend's boyfriend! At least she got what she wanted, right prom queen? 👸 #slut #attentionseeker #fuckgirlcode'

Before Taehyung could even say anything to her, Y/N ran off, leaving the prom hall as she made her way outside. Taehyung widened his eyes, not thinking of Jihyo at the moment, but of Y/N, feeling bad about the fact that he may have caused her trouble.

He walked towards the exit, following Y/N as he could see her figure in the distance. Just as he was about to reach her, she stepped into her car and locked it, driving off immediately. Taehyung sighed in frustration but soon saw Jimin standing near his car.

"Jimin!" He shouted as Jimin glanced at Taehyung in surprise.

"Have you seen the post?" He asked Jimin who slowly nodded.

"Who did this? Which sick and messed up person would do something like that??" Taehyung asked Jimin in frustrated.

Jimin looked at Taehyung as he slowly approached him, putting a hand on his shoulder as Taehyung frowned at him. Jimin scoffed for a moment as he glanced past Taehyung's shoulder, seeing someone standing there.

"Why don't you ask your dear girlfriend?"