LEVEL 2

Doubt

A chick just has so much time to chip its way out, just so much egg energy to apply to the weakest spot or whatever spot it started at. It can't afford doubt, who can?

Doubt uses albumen at twice the rate of work. One backward look by any of us can cost what it cost Orpheus. Neither may you answer the strangers knock; you know it is the Person from Porlock who eats dreams for dinner, his napkin stained the most delicate colours.

[20th of May 2016]

[20th of May 2016]

"Jihyo I have great news!!" Y/N said as she enthusiastically approached her friend who was texting away at the lunch table.

Jihyo looked up to see her excited friend standing in front of her, jumping around with a bright smile on her face, causing her to chuckle. Y/n quickly took her seat and showed her the text message she received.

"It's from Baekhyun!!" Y/N said as Jihyo gave her a soft smile.

"He asked you to prom?" She asks as Y/N nods.

"I mean, he is very sweet and a great guy, this is so exciting!" Y/N states as Jihyo chuckles.

"He is very handsome as well, I can't believe he asked me!" Y/N states again as Jihyo looks at her phone again.

"But you're not actually going to accept right?" Jihyo asks Y/N as Y/N face slightly falters.

"What do you mean? He is the only one who asked that I actually kind of like, of course I was going to accept" Y/N states as she slowly starts to take our her lunch.

"I get it, I would be excited too" Jihyo says as she glances at her phone again.

"It's just that he isn't exactly good enough for you" Jihyo states as Y/N frowns.

"Why not? What is wrong with him?" Y/N asks her friend who still isn't taking her eyes off her phone.

"Well, from what I heard, you aren't the only one he asked" She states.

"In fact, he asked me too a few minutes ago" Jihyo states as Y/N's facial expression turns sad.

"Don't worry, turned him down just now once I heard he asked you too" She says as she lays her phone on the table.

Y/N glances at the phone and sees that he indeed asked her a few minutes ago, to go to prom with him. Y/N glances over the exchange in messages and turns her face away from the phone, trying not to show her disappointment.

"Hey, it's not your fault" Jihyo says as she notices how upset her friend is.

"I was just telling you the truth, in order to prevent you from making a mistake" Jihyo explains as she embraces her friend.

"You should be glad to have a friend like me, protecting you from stupid guys like him" Jihyo states as Y/N nods.

"Indeed, very lucky" Y/N states as she glances at the phone once more, doubting she will ever find someone good enough...